Conflict in Armenia
Hello Keppel Families,
As the war in Artsakh and Armenia continues to escalate, many of you may be wondering how you can support people living in the affected areas, as well as students and families in our own community. Here are some resources and information for our community members who need assistance and for those who wish to help.
• Attached is a resource from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network with helpful information for talking to children about war
• Find additional counseling and mental health resources by visiting www.gusd.net/health or contacting Glendale Unified Student Wellness Services at (818) 241-3111 x1500
• On Wednesday, October 7, at 5:30 p.m. Glendale Unified will host a virtual Mental Health Forum featuring experts in intergenerational trauma. This forum will be broadcast live at Facebook.com/GlendaleUSD
How else can you help?
• Educate yourself on the current crisis. Visit reputable news sources to learn more about the conflict in Artsakh
• Show empathy and kindness to our students, employees, and families who, as diasporan Armenians, may feel a heightened impact from this situation, and particularly those who may have family members living in the affected areas
• Reach out if you or anyone you know needs help. Contact Glendale Unified Student Wellness Services at www.gusd.net/health or (818) 241-3111 x1500 or call our school office and we will connect you with the necessary resources.
Many of our community members have expressed an interest in collecting supplies or donations to support people living in Artsakh and Armenia. We recommend visiting www.ArmeniaFund.org for more information.
Thank you for your support.