Most students new to the district need only go to their appropriate level school of attendance in order to register. Proof of residency in the Glendale Unified School District will be required of all new enrollees. A transfer slip from the former school is helpful in registration. The new school will request that a student’s records be forwarded directly from the former school.
Questions on school boundaries, residency requirements or related data may be directed to the attendance office of the individual schools or by contacting the Office of Student Support Services at the Administration Center.
Immunizations: written proof of immunizations by either a physician or County Health Department or a copy of school records are required by California State Law before enrollment. Records must show day, month, and year of immunizations.
- Polio (OPV and/or IPV) - 4 doses, at any age.
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DPT/DT) - 5 doses, at any age. One Tdap booster is required from 7th grade through 12th grade. Anytime after the age of 10.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) - 1st dose: on or after first birthday; 2nd dose: required for kindergarten students (before enrollment), and for 7th grade.
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses: required for kindergarten students (before enrollment). If student is not due for subsequent doses, student may be enrolled.
- Varicella (chickenpox) - 1 dose required for kindergarten entry and for any student new to California.