District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
Next DELAC meeting takes place on December 13, 2021
Link to join meeting.
Every California public school district with 51 or more English learner (EL) students must form a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). The DELAC advises the district's local governing board on programs and services for ELs, including the following tasks:
- Development or revision of a district master plan of education programs and services for ELs, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for ELs.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Administration of the annual language census.
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
2021-2022 DELAC Meeting Schedule
All parents of English learners are encouraged to attend!
Meetings will be virtual until further notice. Meeting links will be provided.
Zoom link: https://glendaleusd.zoom.us/j/85864260210