GUSD Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year
Welcome to the Glendale Unified School District where
we prepare our students for their future.
Our school sites are open but we are continuing to welcome new GUSD students through virtual enrollment. School offices are open to take your phone calls. Please use the street finder to know your school of residence.
Please click on the appropriate grade level tab to the left of your screen for enrollment instructions and forms.
2020-2021 Registration Requirements:
- To enter Transitional Kindergarten during the 20-21 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or between September 2, 2020 and December 2, 2020.
- To enter Kindergarten during the 20-21 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2020.
- To enter 1st Grade during the 20-21 school year, a child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, 2020.
- To enter all other grade levels, a child will be placed in the appropriate grade level based on date of birth, prior school attendance, and district guidelines.
- PROOF OF AGE - An original birth certificate is the primary source of proof of age. Other documents are also acceptable, for example: passport, baptism certificate, hospital certificate.
- UP-TO-DATE PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION - For Polio, DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus), MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), Hepatitis B, Varicella (Chickenpox), TDAP (for grade 7 and higher).
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY– Any two of the following: 1. Current and original utility bill which is no more than two months old. (If you are providing two utility bills they must be from two separate utility companies.); 2. escrow papers showing closing date; 3. rental agreement; 4. most current property tax payment receipt; 5. most recent pay stub; 6. current voter registration receipt; 7. communication from a government agency dated no more than three months ago.
- HEALTH EXAMINATION- A health examination is required by State Law for first grade students. This health check-up is recommended at the Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten levels but not earlier than 18 months before admission to the first grade.
- DENTAL EXAMINATION – A dental examination is required by State Law for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten on first school entry. This assessment may be done within 12 months prior to admission to Kindergarten, but not later than May 31 following school admission.
- COPY OF PICTURE ID - Copy of picture ID for one parent/guardian.