Application Procedures | Elementary Magnet Schools
Application, selection, and enrollment process for students new to a Glendale Unified School District Magnet School.
Translations: Armenian | Korean | Spanish
1. Elementary magnet school tours are strongly encouraged for at least one, if not all, of your choices. If your child is selected for a school at which you have not toured, you may be asked to complete a tour prior to the finalization of enrollment.
2. To apply to a magnet program, fill out the online application during the application window. If you do not have internet access, you may complete the application at any one of the magnet schools or at the GUSD Office of Student Support Services, 223 N. Jackson St., Room 203. Staff members and translators are available to assist. Applications received by fax will not be accepted.
3. Print the verification receipt for your records and check to make sure the demographic information, grade level, and program choices are correct. Demographic changes may be made online by the applicant, however, any changes in program selection must be made by contacting the magnet office at (818) 241-3111 ext. 1237.
4. Once your application is submitted and processed by the GUSD Office of Student Support Services, you will receive an email stating the applicant's eligibility for the random student selection. (If no email address is provided, the applicant will receive the eligibility letter in the mail).
5. Applications received after the deadline will not be eligible for the random student selection, but will be placed at the end of the appropriate waiting list(s) according to their priority group status.
6. The random student selection is open to the public and will be held at the Glendale Unified School District Board of Education at 223 N. Jackson Street, Glendale, CA 91206.
7. Results will be emailed to all applicants following the random student selection or mailed if no email address is provided.
8. Following notification of admission to a magnet school, a district-required enrollment packet must be completed and returned to the magnet school within 3 weeks of receipt. Admission to an elementary magnet school is not confirmed until the enrollment packet is complete and approved by the school, this includes all permit requirements as applicable.
9. In addition to the enrollment packet, students selected by the random selection process from outside GUSD must receive a release from their district of residence in order to complete the enrollment procedures which includes obtaining a release from my home district. Inter-district permits are subject to space/capacity at schools, grade levels, and specialized programs.
10. If selected applicants do not complete the enrollment packet within the 3 week period, their application will become ineligible. Forfeited spaces will be given to the next applicant on the waiting list.