Before and After School Programs
Child care programs for the 2021-22 school year are at capacity
and the waiting list is closed at this time.
Child care programs for 2022-2023 are also at capacity, but you can fill out a waiting list application through the links below. Children will be added to programs as space becomes available.
Elementary Before and After School Programs and Pricing
Glendale Unified offers elementary child care opportunities for all types of schedules. Click the images below to learn more about our various programs and pricing. (Download programs and pricing as PDF).
AM Child Care
Supervision from 6:30 a.m. until the school gates open.
Supervision from TK/Kinder dismissal until 3:00 p.m.
Dismissal + 60
Supervision from primary dismissal until 60 minutes after last school dismissal.
After School Care
Expanded learning from school dismissal until 6:00 p.m.
Additional Program Details
- One time $75.00 registration fee per family applies to all programs (waived for income eligible families)
- Program capacity is subject to staffing availability
- Program ratios
- TK/Kinder Bridge:10 students per 1 staff member
- Dismissal + 60: 25 students per 1 staff member
- After School Care: 10 students per 1 staff member (TK/K), 20 students per 1 staff member (grades 1-6)
- Priority enrollment based on eligibility and need
- Attendance will be reviewed regularly to maximize participation
- Child care programming during non-school days is also available throughout the school year for income eligible families as well as for a fee.
- Enrollment for camps is completed separately and occurs approximately 1 month prior to camp time.
Click the links below or download our Frequently Asked Questions for Before and After School Programs.
Frequently Asked Questions for Before and After School Programs
Will I need to reapply for child care in 2022-23?
How do I know if I am eligible for ELO-P?
Where do I find my student’s ID Number?
I am enrolled in ASES this year. Do I get priority enrollment for next year?
Is there after school programming at the middle schools?
Will there be room for my private pay student?
When will we know if our family has a spot in child care next year?
Can I request care if I am new to GUSD and my child is not enrolled for next year at this time?
I received an invitation for ELO-P and I wish to access the program. How do I sign up?
I think I may qualify for subsidy child care based on my financial need and my work schedule. How do I apply?
What if I only need care less than 5 days per week?
Department Contact Information
Glendale Unified School District
Child Development and Child Care
440 W. Lomita Avenue
Glendale, CA 91204
Phone: (818) 247-0775
Director, Child Development and Child Care Department
Sr. Administrative Secretary