Information for Program Providers
Organizations seeking to distribute flyers at GUSD schools must register with Peachjar as a "Program Provider," then upload your flyer for distribution to your desired school(s).
After your flyer has been submitted, it will be routed automatically to the school district office for approval, then emailed as a visually engaging image to all parents who have their email address on file at the district.
Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. Paper flyers will no longer be distributed.
For questions about flyer approvals, please contact Christine Giannamore at (818) 241-3111 ext. 1218.
Flyer Approval Guidelines
Pulled from GUSD Board Policy 1325. View the full policy here.
GUSD may approve distribution of noncommercial materials that publicize services, special events, public meetings, or other gatherings of interest to students or parents/guardians. Events or programs sponsored by a profit-making organization on behalf of a nonprofit organization may be acceptable for distribution depending upon the material itself.
Prior to the distribution, posting, or publishing of any non-school group's promotional materials or advertisement, the Superintendent or designee shall review the materials or advertisement based on the criteria listed below.
All materials to be distributed shall bear the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
Criteria for Approval
The Superintendent or designee shall not accept for distribution any materials or advertisements that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Are religious, political, or controversial in nature.
- Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of any unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, non-nutritious foods and beverages, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
- Distribute unsolicited merchandise for which an ensuing payment is requested.
The Superintendent or designee also may consider the educational value of the materials or advertisements, the age or maturity of the students in the intended audience, and whether the materials or advertisements support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or are of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.