Glenoaks Library Catalog Online - Closed Until Next School Year
About the Glenoaks Library
The Glenoaks Elementary School Library is located in the main school building and is open for class visits Tuesdays-Thursdays. Our catalog consists of more than 10,000 fiction and non-fiction books and periodicals covering a wide range of topics and book genres. Our catalog supports the standards and satisfies the ever-changing reading needs of our students.
Each week, all students visit the library with their classes for a 30-minute (TK-3) or a 40-minute (grades 4-6) period. Volunteers read a selected story to the class and then students in good standing with the library are allowed to browse the collection and check out 2 items (2 books or 1 book and 1 magazine) for a period of one week.
Our mission is to provide our students with a vibrant, inviting library space that not only holds the resources they need to assist them in their studies, but a place where they will be encouraged to feed their minds and learn something new about the world and people around them.
We strive to teach our students grade-level appropriate library skills so they can navigate their way around our library (and any library!) as independently as possible. Above all, our goal is to instill a love of reading in all of our students.
THESE POLICIES MAY HAVE CHANGED DUE TO COVID-19.
All students must return a signed permission slip to use our school library.
- Students in good standing may check out 2 books or 1 book and 1 magazine each week.
- Students may only check out 1 Graphic Novel a week.
- Students who do not return ALL materials checked out to them may NOT check out new materials.
- Students who do not return the items checked out to them in a timely fashion will be billed for the materials.
- Students who bring back damaged materials will be billed for the damaged item.
- Students who have outstanding fees will NOT be allowed to check out items until the fees have been paid.
- Students may reserve one book each week, in addition to checking out two other pieces of material.
- Students who have outstanding books may NOT reserve a book.
- Students may return their books any time the library is open.
- Students may only use the laptop catalog computers to look for books or materials to check out.
- Students may NOT use the librarian's computer or scanner device.
- Students may not eat or drink in the library.
- Students should always keep voices at a reasonable level.
- Students not checking out books may browse through the library quietly while waiting for their classmates.
- Volunteers may check out two books at a time from the library.
- Volunteers must return their books in a timely fashion or they will be billed for the items.
- Volunteers must have a current TB test on file with the school before volunteering at school.