Glenoaks Library Catalog Online
The Glenoaks Elementary School Library is located in the main school building and is open for class visits Tuesdays-Thursdays. Our catalog consists of more than 10,000 fiction and non-fiction books and periodicals covering a wide range of topics and book genres. Our catalog supports the standards and satisfies the ever-changing reading needs of our students.
Our mission is to provide our students with a vibrant, inviting library space that not only holds the resources they need to assist them in their studies, but a place where they will be encouraged to feed their minds and learn something new about the world and people around them.
We strive to teach our students grade-level appropriate library skills so they can navigate their way around our library (and any library!) as independently as possible. Above all, our goal is to instill a love of reading in all of our students.
About the Glenoaks Library
THESE POLICIES MAY HAVE CHANGED DUE TO COVID-19.
All students must return a signed permission slip to use our school library.
- Students in grades 1-6 may check out 2 books each week.
- Students may only check out 1 Graphic Novel a week.
- Students who do not return any library materials on library day cannot check out new library materials.
- Students who return only one library item, may only check out one new item on library day.
- Students who do not return items checked out to them in a timely fashion may be billed for the materials.
- Students who bring back damaged materials will be billed for the damaged item.
- Students may reserve a book if it is checked out to another student.
- Students may return their books any time the library is open.
- Students may only use the library computers to look for books or check out books.
- Students may not eat or drink in the library.
- Students should always keep voices at a reasonable level.
- Volunteers may check out two books at a time from the library.
- Volunteers must return their books in a timely fashion or they will be billed for the items.
- Volunteers must have a current TB test on file with the school before volunteering at school.