Franklin PTA – Engage. Empower. Advocate.
- Forum for parents to learn and voice opinions.
- Strong partnership between parents and educators.
- Advocacy for policy for our youth, our school and our community
PTA is the largest and strongest advocate in the state and nation for children and youth. PTA membership entitles members to vote, hold office, support and advocate for critical issues affecting our children locally, statewide and nationally in order to positively impact the lives of all children and families. The larger the membership count, the louder our voices can be.
What have we been up to and what are we doing?
(2018-2019) SAFETY: ensuring seat belts are on all buses used for field trips during the year
(2018-2020) GREEN INITIATIVES: waste reduction, recycling, share table, industrial sized dishwasher (first one in GUSD)
(2019-2020) PROGRAMS & EVENTS:
- Welcome Coffee (August 2019)
- Fall Family Social (September 2019)
- Book Expo (September 2019)
- Reflections Art Contest (October 2019)
- Red Ribbon Week (October 2019)
- Fall Association Meeting & Family Bingo Night (October 2019)
- Food & Coat Drive (November 2019)
- School Assembly – Anti-bullying (November 2019)
- Speaker Series #1 – Anti-bullying Parent Seminar (November 2019)
- Yellow Ribbon Week (January 2020)
- Winter Association Meeting (January 2020)
- Speaker Series #2 – Student Anxiety, Perseverance & Grit (February 2020)
- School Assembly (February 2020)
- Speaker Series #3 – Environmental Education (April 2020)
- Spring Association Meeting – Health & Safety Fair (May 2020)
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May 2020)
Franklin PTA’s focus and goals: Empowering our students through Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
As a complement to PBIS and Restorative Practices, our PTA (in collaboration with Principal Kully) will be making efforts to bring in other programs to support the Social Emotional Learning and Development at our school.
SEL is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions (CASEL). And ultimately maximize their potential in school.
SEL programs in consideration:
Advocate for our students, our school and our community. JOIN the PTA!
Membership is $10 and open to all – parents, students, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors, friends, co-workers and community members.
Membership fee: $10
$5.75 (per capita) – council, district, state and national to support the unit with leadership, training, advocacy and other needed services during the year.
$4.25 – Operating/Administration & Program expenses
And if you feel just as passionate about supporting and empowering our children through Social Emotional Learning, DONATE - it’s all tax deductible!
- $100: I am a Supporter
- $250: I am an Advocate
- $500: I am a Champion
- $1000: I am a Patron
And don’t forget the PERKS:
- $59 tickets to Legoland
- Discounts to Aquarium of the Pacific, Smart & Final, Baskin Robbins & more.
Want to be a part of it or all of it, sign-up to VOLUNTEER!
Have any questions, contact us.