ACADEMIC HONOR GROUPS
California Scholarship Federation
CSF is a prestigious honor group that is recognized by the
State of California. It is open to second semester ninth grade students and tenth, eleventh, and
twelfth grade students. In order to be a CSF Sealbearer, a student must be a member of CSF for
four semesters, one of which must be in the student’s senior year.
1. Take qualifying courses
2. Apply for membership the first four weeks of each semester
3. Earn 10 points – 7 must be in List I or II subjects (see your CSF advisor, Mr. Le Clear for the list)
• A minimum of 4 of the 7 must be from List I
• A = 3 points, B = 1, C = 0 points (A “B” in an AP or Honors class counts as 2 points)*
• D or F in any subject including P.E. disqualifies
• P.E. is not counted for points or as number of subjects taken
• No more than 5 courses may be used to compute points
• Credit/No Credit marks are not recognized
Poor citizenship will result in disqualification at the discretion of the school principal.
National Honor Society
NHS members are elected by the faculty based on:
• Scholarship – a GPA of 3.5 by the end of grade 10 (on 4 point scale)
• Character – evidence of good character, citizenship, integrity, and academic honesty is evaluated by a review of student’s discipline file and faculty poll.
• Leadership – evaluated by a review of activities résumé and faculty poll.
• Service – evaluated by a review of activities résumé and faculty poll PLUS personal references may be contacted.
Students will earn a medallion for at least 100 hours of community service during their time in high school. See your counselor for more information.
Beware of Honor Group Scams