New student registration is by appointment only. See below for enrollment instructions.
Please schedule your appointment by calling our office at 818-244-8145 or by emailing WilsonEnrollment@gusd.net. If calling you may contact the following clerks:
- Christine Saloomen, ext. 1150 or 1151
- Cristina Salas, ext. 1171
New Students to GUSD:
Please download and complete your registration packet (see links on the next tab) before your registration appointment. You can also pick up printed copies from our school's office between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
If your child currently attends another GUSD school but you have moved to our area and would like to change schools for the 22-23 school year, please complete a transfer form and provide updated proof of residency. Please email the packet and two proofs of residency to WilsonEnrollment@gusd.net.
Turning in your documentation:
You may stop by our office at your appointment time OR you may upload the documents online. If you choose to upload, please click here and start a new pre-enrollment. Don’t forget to click submit at the end of the pre-enrollment. You must then email us at WilsonEnrollment@gusd.net and let us know you have completed the pre-enrollment. We will review your documents and call you at your appointment time to finalize your child’s enrollment. Please note: We do not monitor uploaded packets. Parents must email and inform us to look for their student. All required documents must be uploaded prior to your appointment.
Inter- and Intra-District Permits:
If you do not reside within Glendale Unified School District boundaries, or if you live in the District and would like to attend a school other than your school of residence, please submit a permit application at glendale.schoolmint.com.
2023-24 Registration Packet
2023-24 Registration Packets
2023-24 Age Requirements
- To enter transitional kindergarten (TK) during the 2023-24 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024.
- To enter kindergarten during the 2023-24 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- To enter 1st grade during the 2023-24 school year, a child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- To enter all other grade levels, a child will be placed in the appropriate grade level based on date of birth, prior school attendance, and district guidelines.
Required Documents for Enrollment:
A. Completed Registration Packet
B. Legal proof of Age
- A certified copy of a birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of the birth
- A duly attested baptism certificate
- When none of the forgoing is obtainable, an affidavit from the parent/legal guardian (contact school for requirements for a parental affidavit)
C. Verification of Residency Current bills for any of the following two:
- Phone Company (Landline only, no cell phone bills)
- Gas Company
- Final Closing Statement from Escrow Company
- Rental Agreement
- Current property tax payment
- Communication from a government agency not dated more than 3 months ago
- Most recent pay stub
- Current voter registration receipt
- Mortgage Statement
If you are currently living with another party and do not have two of the items listed above, please complete a Parent Living With Another Party (PLWAP) form and provide the required documents. Please know this form must be updated annually.
D. Immunizations. We must receive a copy of your child’s immunization records. Please see the registration packet for required immunizations. Students without complete immunizations will not be enrolled. If your child is in between inoculations, please let us know.
***For kinder and 1st grade students: Health Examination Forms signed by a pediatrician are not mandatory at the time of enrollment but must be turned into the school office by no later than first day of school. Students enrolling in TK and grades 2-6 do not need to submit a Health Examination Form.
***For TK and kinder students: Oral Examination Forms signed by a dentist are not mandatory at the time of enrollment, but must be turned into the school office by no later than first day of school. Students enrolling in grades 1-6 do not need to submit an Oral Examination Form.
E. Picture ID of Parent or Guardian enrolling the student: Driver’s license or passport
F. Transcripts from previous high school or final 8th grade report card for incoming 9th graders
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOUR CHILD:
- If there are any court orders or legal bindings pertaining to the child, the stamped order(s) signed by a judge.
- If your child has an IEP with another district, a copy of their latest IEP.
- If your child has a 504 plan with another district, a copy of their latest 504.