Due to COVID-19 restrictions, enrollment will be by appointment only.
**We will strictly adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols.**
Mark Keppel Elementary School does not offer open enrollment.
Only students selected through the GUSD Magnet/FLAG lottery who have accepted the offer will be enrolled.
2021-2022 School Year:
If you are interested in enrolling for this current school year, please click on the following link for information and instructions: https://www.gusd.net/Page/14762.
2022-2023 School Year:
Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year begins on February 22, 2022. All enrollment will be by appointment only.
Please schedule your appointment by calling our office at 818-244-2113.
New Students to GUSD:
Please download, print and complete a packet before your registration appointment. You can also pick up printed copies from our school's office between the hours of 8:30 am & 3:30 pm.
Turning in your documentation:
You may stop by our office at your appointment time OR you may upload the documents online. If you choose to upload, please click here and start a new pre-enrollment. Don’t forget to click submit at the end of the pre-enrollment. You must then email us at KeppelEnrollment@gusd.net and let us know you have completed the pre-enrollment. We will review your documents and call you at your appointment time to finalize your child’s enrollment. Please note: We do not monitor uploaded packets. Parents must email and inform us to look for their student. All required documents must be uploaded prior to your appointment.
A. Completed Enrollment Packet
B. Legal proof of Age
- A certified copy of a birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of the birth.
- A duly attested baptism certificate
- When none of the forgoing is obtainable, an affidavit from the parent/legal guardian.(contact school for requirements for a parental affidavit)
C. Verification of Residency. Current bills for any of the following two:
- Phone Company(Landline Only. No Cell Phone Bills)
- Gas Company
- Final Closing Statement from Escrow Company
- Rental Agreement
- Current property tax payment
- Communication from a government agency not dated more than 3 months ago
- Most recent pay stub
- Current voter registration receipt
- Mortgage Statement
If you are currently living with another party and do not have two of the items listed above, please complete a Parent Living With Another Party (PLWAP) form and provide the required documents. Please know this form must be updated annually.
D. Immunizations. We must receive a copy of your child’s immunization records. Please see enrollment packet for required immunizations. Students without complete immunizations will not be enrolled. However, if your child is in between inoculations please let us know.
E. Picture ID of Parent or Guardian enrolling the student: Driver’s License or passport.
****For Kinder & 1st Grade Students: Health Examination Forms signed by a pediatrician are not mandatory at the time of enrollment but must be turned into the school office by no later than first day of school. Students enrolling in TK, 2nd-6th do not need the health examination form.
****For TK and Kinder Students: Oral Examination Forms signed by a dentist are not mandatory at the time of enrollment but must be turned into the school office by no later than first day of school. Students enrolling in 1st-6th grade do not need the oral examination form.
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOUR CHILD:
1. If there are any court orders or legal bindings pertaining to the child, please provide a copy of the stamped order signed by a judge.
2. If your child has an IEP with another district, a copy of their latest IEP.
3. If your child has a 504 plan with another district, a copy of their latest 504.
22-23 Age Requirement
- To enter Transitional Kindergarten during the 22-23 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023.
- To enter Kindergarten during the 22-23 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2022.
- To enter 1st Grade during the 22-23 school year, a child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, 2022.
- To enter all other grade levels, a child will be placed in the appropriate grade level based on date of birth, prior school attendance, and district guidelines.
Per Board Policy 5115, your child may be reassigned at another Glendale school due to class size and space availability. For "capped" students, Student Support Services shall maintain a waiting list in priority order for students wanting entry into their school of residence and will notify parent or guardian when an opening occurs during the school year. You will be notified of your student's placement through phone call and/or email. We do everything we can to avoid moving students, but there are times it is necessary due to space limitations.