The school offers the following health services:
Basic First Aid - The school gives first aid for injuries occurring at school only. If care beyond immediate first aid is required, the parent is called.
- Teacher notification regarding students with special health problems that affect learning
- Height and Weight/Vision & Hearing Screening - Grades K, 2, 5
- Maturation Program - Girls, Grades 5
- Maturation Program – Boys, Grade 6
- Parent notification regarding communicable disease control, problems related to physical defects, and referral to community resources
- A doctor MUST sign administration of medication - District form.
Parent will be notified regarding required immunizations and physical examination needed.
ABOUT MEDICATION AND INJURIES
If a child requires medication during school hours, a special form, available in the office, must be completed and signed by a doctor and by the parents before such medication can be given.
Pupils requiring the use of crutches, casts, or any other appliance will need a note from the attending physician authorizing their use at school. The note should include the physical limitations as well as the length of time involved. This note MUST accompany the child on the first day of attendance using crutches or other appliances. A notice of authorization to attend school will be issued from the office upon receipt of the note from the physician.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILD’S EMERGENCY CARD UP-TO-DATE.