Art Nights (Sponsored by the PTA)
All students and parents are welcome to come and learn more about the Arts. Professional Artists from our Community are volunteering their time to give demonstrations, show examples and talk about their craft. They will also work one on one with kids that bring examples or ideas for their upcoming Reflections Projects. Reflections is a National Art Contest sponsored by the PTA to encourage students to explore the arts.
September 2018 Art Nights
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM OUR MENTORS:
Free Animation App - Animatic by Inkboard by Doodle.ly, Inc. - https://itunes.apple.com/us/
Free Animation App - Stop Motion Studio by CATEATER, LLC - https://itunes.apple.com/us/
Photo Equipment - B&H Photo: https://www.
bhphotovideo.com/Local Photo Equipment Shops - Samy’s Camera: https://www.samys.com/ and Film Tools: https://www.filmtools. com/Sound Effects/Music - Audio Jungle: https://audiojungle. net/Online Filmmaking Resource - No Film School: https://nofilmschool. com/Film Festival Database - WithoutaBox: https://www. withoutabox.com/
VOLUNTEER ART MENTORS FROM OUR COMMUNITY THAT DID ALL OF THIS FOR FREE!!!!
- Heather Lombard - is an animation screenwriter, who has been thinking up stories, characters, and the funny things they do and say for twenty years. She has developed shows and written scripts for Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Netflix, and companies around the world. She has written for adult comedy cartoons like “Futurama,” but mostly for funny kids cartoons like “The Weekenders”, “Lilo and Stitch”, “George of the Jungle”, “Dave the Barbarian”, and for preschool shows like “Fresh Beat Band of Spies”, and “SuperMonsters”, which is currently running on Netflix. Right now, she is at Disney TV Animation as Story Editor on a new TV series based on the Pixar movie, Monsters, Inc.
- Rita Zobayan - has enjoyed word play since she was a kid. She took that love of literature and became a high school English teacher. She also worked as an assistant editor for a San Francisco Bay Area arts magazine and wrote reviews of children’s literature. She is currently the resident feature writer for La Crescenta-Montrose Neighbors magazine
- Frans Vischer - wrote and illustrated Jimmy Dabble, a middle grade novel, and the picture books Fuddles, A Very Fuddles Christmas, and Fuddles and Puddles. Currently working for Netflix and Warner Bros., he has worked as a film and TV series animator and animation supervisor for Disney, DreamWorks and
Nickelodeon. He can be found at fransvischer.com. His blog is pamperedfatcat.wordpress.com.
Music Composition Mentor
- Marlin Bonds aka Hookman - is a BMI award winning, Grammy Nominated songwriter producer. He has had platinum success with artist such as Chris Brown, Jason Derulo, Kevin Gates and has worked with Demi Lovato, Big Sean, 5th Harmony, Party Next Door, and French Montana to name a few. Most recently, Hookman wrote Lil Jons single “Alive” ft Offset and 2 Chains, and commercials for Ebay and Gatorade. IG:Hookmantv
- Ian Cross - is a multiple Grammy nominated and awarded engineer and music producer. Ian began his career in music by playing guitar which led him to perform on the world’s largest stages.
- Richard Harris - is a published and platinum selling #1 Billboard songwriter, producer, artist and mentor. Richard has also landed hundreds of TV, Film and Ad song placements for hit shows including "Empire", "Nashville", "Cold Case", "One Tree Hill", movies "This Means War" and "Single Moms Club" and commercials for eBay and Vivo.
- Ontario Haynes - was a professional music producer and songwriter for over 15 years. I worked with music business giants such as MC Hammer, Queen Latifah, Babyface, and Motown Records founder and chairman, Berry Gordy. I also wrote and produced a song called "All or Nothing" on the double platinum selling soundtrack Save The Last Dance that won the American Music Award for the best soundtrack in 2002.
- Rachel Mintz - is a singersongwriter with a background in music, theater and dance. Rachel has written, recorded, toured and performed music since she was a child, both her original work as well as for hire for film, tv and stage performance.
- Ezekiel Tarango - Capturing images has been Ezekiel Tarango‘s passion for over 40 years. Ezekiel’s work has been published in books, magazines, and brochures
Photography & Film Mentor
- Christopher Boghosian - The dad to a Fremont second grader and Fremont alum himself, Christopher has worked as an independent photographer and filmmaker for over 20 years. With a liking for “low budget” production techniques, Christopher is equipped to help students do their artistic best with what they have available
- Joey Adams - is a Los Angeles based animation artist with 17 years of experience. He worked as an animator for his first 8 years in the business (even drawing on paper a few times) and transitioned to Storyboard Artist later. He's worked for several small studios on projects for Cartoon Network, Disney, and HBO. In 2012 he was hired by Warner Bros and works there currently as a Director.
- Rob O'Neill - Character Technology Supervisor at DreamWorks Animation. In addition to his studio work, he has directed animated, live action, hybrid short films and music videos. He holds an MFA from Parsons School of Design.
- James Reitano - heads up TFU Studios Animation/ Design shop. James is also the illustrator and author of the graphic novel series Nineteen Eighty Seven!
- Nikkolas Smith - is a Theme Park Designer & Concept artist at Walt Disney Imagineering, and a Children's Books Author/ Film Illustrator. He also creates activist art paintings and Hollywood movie posters, and after hours leads in youth mentoring on Saturdays, with the kids of Compton & Watts, CA, giving lessons in digital painting and life skills for success.
- Jeremy Fernsler - is the 3D Supervisor at the LA office of DNEG, a global visual effects company. He has worked on movies and television for over 15 years as an animator, designer, and visual effects artist. Recently he’s been working on shows for HBO, Hulu, and CBS
- Jane O’Neill - has exhibited her art in solo and group exhibitions for the past 20 years, taught art at colleges and child-focused institutions, and is also a writer with an MFA from Yale University.
- Paul Rickey - Fremont dad, grew up doing art, studied theater and art in college, and now is a graphic designer. He enjoys helping businesses express their brand stories using visuals, from web, print and social media.
- Andy Haynes -