To view a list and description of our volunteer needs, please visit franklin.fyi/volunteerMany of our teachers welcome helpers in their classrooms; we also need families to pitch in for various school performances and celebrations. Our Green Lunchroom and Green Team especially need volunteers to help our students remember how to sort food waste and to maintain the green spaces. We will train you!All adult volunteers must fill out a GUSD volunteer agreement form and provide proof of a negative tuberculosis test. Send documentation to Franklin's health clerk, Francis Arensdorff, at email@example.com. Please include your last name in the subject line of the email [JONES - TB TEST]. See below for TB test info.Volunteers MUST provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative test within 48 hours of volunteering.Volunteers must follow all COVID-19 protocols in place at the time of volunteering.Volunteers must follow all GUSD Board Policies relate to volunteering on campus.
For the safety of our students and to maintain the a productive school environment, please adhere to the following rules:
- All guests are required to sign in at the front office upon arrival and sign out when leaving.
- All volunteers must wear a visible visitor sticker from the Front Office at all times
- All volunteers must remain in their assigned work areas at all times. Never enter classrooms or the playground unless you have made prior arrangements with staff.
- If you need to speak with a teacher regarding a personal issue or your child’s progress, please schedule a meeting with that teacher.
- Please silence your phone while on campus. If necessary, please step outside the classroom to use your phone to text or make phone calls.
- To minimize disruption and to obey confidentiality laws, volunteers may NOT take pictures and/or videos of students and staff.
- Confidentiality is a legal obligation. Do not discuss the academic or behavioral progress of any student with anyone, including the student’s parents.
- All disciplinary matters may ONLY be addressed by GUSD staff. If you observe any disciplinary situation, please notify a staff member immediately. Volunteers may NOT discipline students.
TUBERCULOSIS TESTING INFO
By state law, a proof of a negative tuberculosis test is REQUIRED to volunteer when activities involve kids. Your TB test is good for 4 years (unless you have left the country). A skin test requires two visits to the clinic (one for the test, and a second for the reading). A blood test can take up to a week for the results. Volunteers only need ONE type of TB test.
TB tests are available from your doctor, or the following places; insurance will likely not cover the cost of these tests. GUSD Health Services does offer free TB tests in the fall once per school year.
*Dept of Health Glendale Health Center
-NO COST with Volunteer form
TB BLOOD TEST ONLY
Required 2 weeks wait for an appointment. and 1 week delay for results
Must fill out VOLUNTEER form in advance and present at time of test
Address: 501 N. Glendale Ave., Glendale, CA 91206
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
818 500 5762
*CVS Minute Clinic
$35 first visit SKIN test administered , $30 second visit reading of test and results
NO appt. necessary, 3 day wait for results
511 Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505
2037 Verdugo Blvd, Montrose, CA 91020