To view a list and description of our volunteer needs, please visit franklin.fyi/volunteerMany of our teachers welcome helpers in their classrooms; we also need families to pitch in for various school performances and celebrations.All adult volunteers must fill out a GUSD volunteer agreement form and provide proof of a negative tuberculosis test. Test results may be scanned and emailed to Ms. Sandra Gutierrez (email@example.com) at front office with the Please include your last name in the subject line of the email [JONES - TB TEST]. See below for TB test info.Volunteers must follow all COVID-19 protocols in place at the time of volunteering.Volunteers must follow all GUSD Board Policies relate to volunteering on campus.
For the safety of our students and to maintain the a productive school environment, please adhere to the following rules:
- All guests are required to sign in at the front office upon arrival and sign out when leaving.
- All volunteers must wear a visible visitor sticker from the Front Office at all times
- All volunteers must remain in their assigned work areas at all times. Please do not go to the classrooms or the playground unless you have made prior arrangements with staff.
- If you need to speak with a teacher regarding a personal issue or your child’s progress, please schedule a meeting with that teacher.
- Please silence your phone while on campus. If necessary, please step outside the classroom to use your phone to text or make phone calls.
- To minimize disruption and to obey confidentiality laws, volunteers may take pictures and/or videos of students and staff.
- Confidentiality is a legal obligation. Do not discuss the academic or behavioral progress of any student with anyone, including the student’s parents.
- All disciplinary matters may ONLY be addressed by GUSD staff. If you observe any disciplinary situation, please notify a staff member immediately.
TUBERCULOSIS TESTING INFO
By state law, a proof of a negative tuberculosis test is REQUIRED to volunteer when activities involve kids. Your TB test is good for 4 years (unless you have left the country). A skin test requires two visits to the clinic (one for the test, and a second for the reading). A blood test can take up to a week for the results. Volunteers only need ONE type of TB test.
TB tests are available from your doctor, or the following places; insurance will likely not cover the cost of these tests. GUSD Health Services does offer free TB tests in the fall once per school year.
*Dept of Health Glendale Health Center
-NO COST with Volunteer form
TB BLOOD TEST ONLY
Required 2 weeks wait for an appointment. and 1 week delay for results
Must fill out VOLUNTEER form in advance and present at time of test
Address: 501 N. Glendale Ave., Glendale, CA 91206
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
818 500 5762
*CVS Minute Clinic
$35 first visit SKIN test administered , $30 second visit reading of test and results
NO appt. necessary, 3 day wait for results
511 Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505
2037 Verdugo Blvd, Montrose, CA 91020