Taking the Reins
Taking the Reins is the only nonprofit organization in Los Angeles that uses Animal Husbandry to allow you to develop confidence, responsibility, and assume leadership roles, through teamwork with the animals.
When you are enrolled in Taking the Reins you will not only learn how take an egg and turn it into an omelet, and work with goats, rabbits, chickens, ducks and ponies; you will also learn the following:
- § To develop responsibility and compassion by taking care of animals
- § To gain strength and agility by participating in a healthy outdoor activity
- § To practice teamwork
- § To practice leadership
- § To develop friendships through fun, interactive group activities
- § To experience a sense of accomplishment and pride through the mastery of gardening and animal husbandry.
- § To learn about jobs related to farm animals.