Enrollment registration for the 2021-22 school year begins on February 23, 2021.
Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, registration will be by appointment only.
Parents/guardians may begin making registration appointments on February 16.
**We will strictly adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols.**
Please schedule your appointment by calling our office at 818-242-7722.
New Students to GUSD:
Please download, print and complete the appropriate packet from the list below before your registration appointment. You can also pick up printed copies from our school's office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Transitional Kindergarten Packet Elementary (K-6) Packet
If your child currently attends another GUSD school but you have moved to our area and would like to change schools for the 21-22 school year, please complete a transfer packet and provide updated proof of residency. Please email the packet and two proofs of residency to ColumbusEnrollment@gusd.net.
Turning in your documentation:
You may stop by our office at your appointment time OR you may upload the documents online. If you choose to upload, please click here and start a new pre-enrollment. Don’t forget to click submit at the end of the pre-enrollment. You must then email us at ColumbusEnrollment@gusd.net and let us know you have completed the pre-enrollment. We will then review your documents and call you at your appointment time to finalize your child’s enrollment.
Please note: We do not monitor uploaded packets. Please email us at ColumbusEnrollment@gusd.net and let us know you have completed your pre-enrollment. All required documents must be uploaded prior to your appointment.
A. Completed Enrollment Packet
B. Legal proof of Age: Accepted forms of documents include: birth certificate,
passport, baptismal certificate
C. Proof of Residency (MUST SUBMIT TWO):
1. Current and original utility bill which is no more than two months old.
(If you are providing two utility bills they must be from two separate utility companies).
We accept bills ONLY from water/power, gas, cable, landline and internet companies.
2. Escrow papers showing a closing date preceding the date of enrollment.
If escrow has not closed, please contact 818-241-3111 ext. 1285.
3. Rental agreement
4. Most current property tax payment receipt
5. Most recent pay stub
6. Current voter registration receipt
7. Communication from a government agency dated no more than three months ago.
8. If you are currently living with another party and do not have two of the items listed above,
please complete the Parent Living With Another Party form listed below and provide the
required documents. Please know this form must be updated annually.
Parent Living With Another Party Form: English Armenian Spanish Korean
D. Immunizations: We must receive a copy of your child’s immunization records.
Please see enrollment packet for required immunizations.
Students without complete immunizations will not be enrolled.
However, if your child is in between inoculations please let us know.
E. Picture ID of Parent or Guardian enrolling the student: Driver’s License or passport
****For Kinder & 1st Grade Students: Health Examination Forms signed by a pediatrician are not mandatory at the time of enrollment but must be turned into the school office as soon as you have them available. Students enrolling in TK, 2nd-6th do not need the health examination form.
****For TK and Kinder Students: Oral Examination Forms signed by a dentist are not mandatory at the time of enrollment but must be turned in to the office as soon as you have them available. Students enrolling in 1st-6th grade do not need the oral examination form.
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOUR CHILD:
1. If there are any court orders or legal bindings pertaining to the child, please provide
a copy of the stamped order signed by a judge.
2. If your child has an IEP with another district, a copy of his or her latest IEP.
3. If your child has a 504 plan with another district, please provide us with a copy of it.
2021-22 AGE REQUIREMENTS:
- To enter Transitional Kindergarten during the 21-22 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021.
- To enter Kindergarten during the 21-22 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- To enter 1st Grade during the 21-22 school year, a child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- To enter all other grade levels, a child will be placed in the appropriate grade level based on date of birth, prior school attendance, and district guidelines.
Per Board Policy 5115, your child may be reassigned at another Glendale school due to class size and space availability. For "capped" students, Student Support Services shall maintain a waiting list in priority order for students wanting entry into their school of residence and will notify parent or guardian when an opening occurs during the school year. You will be notified of your student's placement through phone call and/or email. We do everything we can to avoid moving students, but there are times it is necessary due to space limitations.