After-School Education & Safety (ASES) Program | Grades 1-8
The After-School Education and Safety Program (ASES) is a partnership with the city and county to improve student performance in school and provide a safe environment after school for students in grades 1-8.
The program consists of two elements:
- An educational and literacy component in core content areas and time for homework.
- An educational enrichment component (visual and performing arts, recreation, physical fitness, and science and technology).
ASES is a nonprofit program that operates on school days only from school dismissal until 6:00 p.m. The program does not operate on school/national holidays, when students are on school break (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer), or on pupil free days.
The ASES Elementary School program is located at: Balboa, Cerritos, Columbus, Edison, Franklin, Jefferson, Mann, Marshall, and Muir Elementary Schools
The ASES Teen Scene Program is located at: Roosevelt, Toll, and Wilson Middle Schools
- Spaces are limited
- Program is free for students
- Registration fee is $75.00 for elementary school and middle school programs
- Students must attend school where ASES program is located to enroll
- Attendance is required 5 days a week until 6:00 p.m.
- Priority registration is given to families who attend 5 days a week until 6:00 p.m.
ASES is excited to announce new community partnerships benefitting our ASES students!