Welcome to Mr. Trinidad's Homepage!
Welcome all! I am Mr. Trinidad, the 6th grade math and science teacher for the Black Stallions Core. I also teach 1 math section of the Purple Pandas core. This upcoming year will be my fifth year teaching 6th grade at Toll and Glendale Unified.
In addition to teaching math and science, my 2019-2020 duties to Toll Middle School include:
- Toll Middle School GATE Coach for Math Field Day and Invention Convention events.
- 6th grade GUSD coach for the annual L.A. County Math Field Day.
- Toll Tech Team.
- Toll Middle School Web Administrator.
New to 2019-2020, I will be using a standards-based grading system to assess student learning. More information about standards based grading can be found here and on my webpage in the upcoming weeks. A helpful video that explains the differences between traditional and standards based grading can be found here.
Parents and students can reach me via e-mail here.
Students, I look forward to having you for the 2019-2020 school year!
“Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.”
Monday's Homework (10/07)
- Finish Vol. 2, pp. 506-507.
- Study for IQR, MAD, and Summarizing Data Distributions quiz.
- (Stallions Only) Complete the "What is a Cell" worksheet.
- (Stallions Only) Cell Anatomy CER will be on Wednesday, 10/09.
- (Stallions Only) STEMScopes Assessment #2 will be on Friday, 10/11.
Tuesday's Homework (10/08)
- Finish Vol. 2, pp. 451.
- Bring Vol. 2 books as we will be exchanging them for our Vol. 1 books.
- (Stallions Only) Give Discovery Cube field trip letter to parents. Dash of the Titans donations and permissions slips must be turned in by Monday, October 28th.
- (Stallions Only) Study for CER quiz tomorrow.
Wednesday's Homework (10/09)
- Finish the math Topic 2 Readiness Assessment packet.
- Finish absent / missing / late / incomplete Vol. 2 assignments.
- Check the portal to see if you are missing any work.
- You must exchange your Vol. 2 books for Vol. 1 tomorrow if you did not do so today.
Thursday's Homework (10/10)
- Finish Vol. 1, pp. 63-64 if you did not finish it in class today. For page 64, refer to the glossary in the back of your book for a definition and examples.
- (Stallions Only) Study for STEMScopes #2 test. Refer to the study guide that was given in class today.
Friday's Homework (10/11)
- Spend 30 minutes on Khan Academy this weekend.
- Finish Vol. 1, pp. 68-70 if you did not finish it in class today.