Mrs. Karine Turdjian: Last Names A-E (Grades 9-11) & A-Kha (12th Grade Only) firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Lucy Cerda: Last Names F-O (Grades 9-11) email@example.com
Ms. Anna Margaryan: Last Names P-Z (Grades 9-11) & Khe-Z (12th Grade Only) firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor Office Hours:
Counselors will be on summer break beginning June 11 and will respond to all school-related emails upon our return to campus at the end of July.
Wishing you a safe, healthy and relaxing summer vacation!
Students please note this important information and answers to frequently asked questions:
- Remedial Summer School Only - If you were assigned to summer school and you earn a C or better as your final grade for second semester, we will drop you from the second semester of summer school, but it is also your responsibility to check your student portal to ensure you have been dropped.
- Dropping AP Classes - The deadline to drop an AP class is July 31. If you wish to drop an AP class you MUST email your counselor by July 31. Any requests to drop an AP class received after July 31 will not be honored and you will remain in the course (No Exceptions).
- Work Permits - If you need a work permit for summer you will need to visit the Clark Counselors' Corner, and download an application. Once you, parent/guardian and employer have completed the application you will need to email it to email@example.com for processing along with your Student ID card. The GUSD CTE department will begin issuing summer work permits on June 11 and sending permits to students via email. Please do not send work permit inquiries/requests to Ms. Margaryan or Clark as we WILL NOT be issuing work permits in the summer. For more information visit: https://www.gusd.net/Page/14945
- GCC Jump Start - If you are enrolled in summer class at a community college, please note you will ONLY receive college credit for the course. The class(es) will not appear on your Clark transcript or provide high school credit. If you wish to drop a class, it is your responsibility to drop it using your MyGCC Portal and to do so within GCC's drop deadlines. For inquiries, please contact GCC directly.
- Counselors WILL NOT be signing GCC DocuSign forms this summer. If you send your GCC form to your counselor we will not see the form until we return from summer break at the end of July. Call Mrs. Bondy at Clark Magnet High school, M-F 830am-4:00pm and ask who might be available to sign your form electronically: (818) 248-8324.
GCC Jump Start & Dual Enrollment- Many Clark students start their college experience while in High School! Students with satisfactory grades are highly encouraged to visit GCC’s website for the Spring class offerings and applications: www.glendale.edu/dual or www.glendale.edu/jumpstart. You will earn college and high school credit simultaneously! Spring classes will start in February. All paperwork is handled online – call Mrs. Bondy if you have questions. (Make sure to check the class meeting times to ensure they do not conflict with your Clark schedule (no more than two classes per session). Avoid remote classes taught between 8am-3pm as they will conflict with Clark classes. If you have submitted a GCC DocuSign application please do not then email your counselor asking if she has received your application or if she has signed it. Counselors will sign your GCC applications at their earliest convenience. Sending an additional email(s) to verify whether we have received your application or signed it is unnecessary and slows down the process. Once your counselor signs your application, allow time for GCC to process it. You can then check your MyGCC Portal for updates on your enrollment or await an email from GCC. Counselors do not have any information on whether you were enrolled in the class).
Counselors' Back to School Night Presentation Click Here
Senior Presentation Fall 2020 Download HereIf you need assistance with devices and technology please see below:If you need assistance with internet access, checking out a chromebook, technology support, or logging in to student accounts, visit the GUSD Tech Page or call our tech support help line at (818) 478-2664. You can also visit our tech support kiosk in the Glendale Unified district office lobby at 223 N. Jackson Street, Glendale, CA, 91206, if you need to check out or replace a Chromebook or check out a hotspot. The kiosk is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Work Permits - If you need a work permit renewal see below:
Work Permit requests will be processed on Wednesdays and Fridays only. Issuing work permits is not an immediate, on-demand process. If your work permit is about to expire, plan ahead and submit your Work Permit Application to Ms. Margaryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday and Thursday of each week. Requests received after 3pm on a Friday will be processed the following Wednesday. In order to be accepted, your application must be signed by you, your parent/guardian and your employer. Incomplete applications will be returned. Note: Permits are issued based on satisfactory attendance and grades. The permit will be revoked if a student violates the terms by working during the school day. (Note: Summer Work Permits: Ms. Margaryan is not on campus all summer. If you get hired before 6/10/21, she will be able to process it according to the above instructions. Previously issued Work Pemits will expire September 3rd annually.)
THE ABSOLUTE DEADLINE TO REQUEST A SCHEDULE CHANGE OR DROP AP CLASSES IS JULY 31.
1) Please continue to email your counselors with your requests prior to that deadline. Any requests to drop an AP class after that deadline WILL NOT be honored.
2) If you have submitted a digital GCC application or have questions about your GCC courses please check on the status of your enrollment by visiting your MyGCC Portal or contacting GCC directly at email@example.com. Clark counselors do not have information about whether you were enrolled in the class.
3) If you are taking GCC classes in the fall, DO NOT select "remote" classes that begin prior to 3pm on weekdays as these classes will require you to login in for instruction during the designated time. This will create a scheduling conlict with your Clark classes. Please either select "online" classes or a "remote" class that occurs after 3pm. If you select a "remote" class during the hours of 8am-3pm, you will be dropped from the class.