John Muir Elementary School’s instructional focus is Critical Thinking. All students will demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking skills in literacy.Teaching Best Practices
- Implementation of i-Ready assessments (3 times a year to monitor progress) and Ready Common Core Curriculum.
- Implement Common Core State Standards school wide; with the implementation of the five Cs (Critical Thinking, Creativity, Communication, Collaboration, and Culture).
- Utilize the eight CCSS Mathematical Practices.
- Continue with school-wide implementation of Response to Intervention Program (RTI) which includes multiple tiers in Reading.
- Increase technology and digital literacy
- Implementation of Thinking Maps and Kagan Cooperative Learning Strategies.