John Muir Elementary School’s instructional focus is mathematics. John Muir's students will persevere in mathematics. They will make sense of the problem and solve it by explaining their reasoning using visuals, numbers, and math language.Teaching Best Practices
- Implementation of i-Ready assessments (3 times a year to monitor progress) and i-Ready Common Core Curriculum.
- Implement Common Core State Standards school wide; with the implementation of the five Cs (Critical Thinking, Creativity, Communication,and Collaboration).
- Utilize the eight CCSS Mathematical Practices.
- Continue with school-wide implementation of Response to Intervention Program (RTI).
- Increase technology and digital literacy