Arrival Time/Dismissal Time
Consistent, on-time attendance is a priority. Students should not arrive on campus before 8:00 a.m. unless they are eating breakfast (7:30-7:55 a.m.). Students are to leave campus or be picked up promptly at dismissal time. Students in grades 1-3 who wait for their older Muir siblings after school must be at the fence on Garfield or Acacia, based on where they are picked up by parents. There is no supervision after 3:00 p.m. Therefore students left after 3:00 p.m. will be taken to the office. Parents or emergency contacts will be called to pick up the student as soon as possible. Law enforcement will be notified of students left at school after 3:45 p.m. to ensure the safety of the child when the office closes at 4:00 p.m. If you are in need of after school child care, please contact our Extended Learning Program at (818) 243-4710 to arrange for supervision for your child.
- Students are to attend school everyday unless ill. (See absence from school)
- Students are to be on time and in line at:
- 8:10 a.m. on M, T, Th, F – Instruction begins at 8:15a.m.
- 9:10 a.m. in Wednesday – Instruction begins at 9:15a.m.
- A phone call by parents, a doctor’s note, or a note signed by the parent stating child’s full name, date of absence, and reason for absence(s) must be provided when the student returns to school.
- Students who are tardy must check in at the office and sign-in.