What is the dress code at Roosevelt?
Students are required to wear a school uniform. All uniforms must meet the dress code requirements.
The mandatory uniform policy consists of:
- White or red, short or long sleeve, collared polo shirt. The shirt may have the Roosevelt logo or another small logo that does not violate the dress code.
- Navy blue/black pants, jeans, skirts, shorts, skorts, or jumpers. No overalls.
- No second shirt may be worn over the polo shirt.
- Jackets that do not violate the dress code are acceptable. No professional team jackets are permissible.
- Roosevelt Club shirts can be worn only if the club shirt is a polo shirt with a collar.
- No ripped jeans (including non uniform days).
***For Safety reasons, no facial jewelry will be allowed, no spiky earrings, and no big hoop earrings.
Uniform and Dress Code Violation Procedures
The school will not provide (loan) uniforms for students who are not properly dressed. Students who do not wear the appropriate attire will earn the following consequences for defiance of school rules:
1st Violation - Opportunity to change clothes
2nd Violation - Parent Notification + 2 days trash pick-up
3rd Violation - ATS and call parents + 4 days trash pick-up
Appropriate consequences will be given by Administration for subsequent violations
Dress Code for “Non Uniform” Days
All students, including those with uniform waivers, are expected to dress in a clean and neat manner at all times.
Clothing may not be worn if it includes:
- Clothing or jewelry deemed provocative, disruptive, or offensive to the educational process. (i.e. Clothing with slogans or pictures that depict alcohol, drugs, tobacco, sex, racism, or violence.)
- Gang-related clothing of any kind;
- Hats, bandannas, hair-nets, or any headgear worn without administrative approval
- Baggy pants/shorts/sweatpants that are larger than the student’s actual waist measurement, or fall below the waistband of their undergarments
- Initialized belt buckles
- Shorts extended below the knee in combination with socks that approach the knee
- Professional team attire
- Belts may not hang or dangle from the waist
- Work pants, overalls, Dickeys, or Ben Davis attire
- Excessively long pants that fall below the heel of the shoe, or show wear from dragging on the ground.
- Nylon or polyester sports-type pants or shorts with an elastic waist drawstring (this includes leggings or stretchy pants as outwear.
- Halter-tops, crop-tops, see-through fabrics, spaghetti strap tops, tube tops, muscle shirt (jerseys), bare midriff, tank-tops, or any top that reveals undergarments.
- Attire that may be used as a weapon such as spikes, chains, steel-toed boots, studs, etc.
- Backless or open-toed footwear.
- Shorts, skirts, and skorts that are shorter than mid-thigh length.
- Hoods on sweaters, shirts, etc. are not to be worn over the head while on campus.
Students who violate the dress code will face disciplinary measures and not be allowed into any after school event, such as a dance.