The Hoover High School comprehensive school counseling program will:
• Support and advocate for all students at all times.
• Follow a competency-based, results-based model for guidance that assesses student needs and achievements, develops and implements programs and services based on identified needs, and continuously monitors their progress.
• Be aligned with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Standards and focus on specific goals and developmental student competencies.
• Be planned, coordinated, and reviewed by the school counseling team, in collaboration with the administration, staff, students, parents, community, and Counseling Advisory.
All counselors at Hoover:
• Support each other personally and professionally and abide by the professional ethics and counseling
standards as defined by the ASCA.
• Continually model life-long learning by participating in professional development activities and maintaining a balance in life activities beyond the school boundaries.
• Endorse the belief that all students K-12 should have access to full-time, state credentialed counselors sufficient in number to deliver a comprehensive school counseling programs and services.