President's Welcome Message
Wilson Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association
“Helping Our Knights Shine!”
Greetings fellow Knights!
My name is Amelia Frinier, I’m a parent of two Wilson 8th graders this year, and I’m excited to embark on another year of service as President of our school PTSA. Whether new or returning to Wilson, we welcome you to join our PTSA Unit as a member anytime this year. Together, we can continue the outstanding efforts of our predecessors to benefit our students and support the work of our teachers and staff.
What is WMS PTSA?
Do you know that the Wilson PTSA has been in existence for over 100 years? As a non-profit volunteer organization made up of Parents, Teachers and Students at our school, we work together to offer programs and special events throughout the year to enrich Wilson, such as the WEB Program (Where Everyone Belongs), Reflections Art Program, Red Ribbon Week, Parent Education events, Recognition and Appreciation events, and Food / Toy drives, just to name a few. Collectively, we are part of State and National PTAs, making sure that your voice is heard at our school, in Sacramento, and in Washington DC to make public education the best it can be for all students.
How do I Join WMS PTSA?
For only $10 a person you, your child, and your entire family can become members. This money is used to support programs at Wilson, as well as at the State and National levels. Membership forms are always available on the school website, during school events, and in the office. Just fill it out and return it with cash or check (made payable to Wilson PTSA) to the school office or your child's home room teacher. We now offer a convenient and easy way to join our unit online through WMS PTSA Membership and Donation Page at TOTEM.
Are there other ways to help WMS PTSA? The hard work and dedication of our community members, along with additional financial support through fund drives, is what has enabled WMS PTSA to continue and grow since 1913. We all have skills, talents, and resources to share with our legion of knights here at Wilson. Please help us reach our greatest potential by joining WMS PTSA today and helping in any way possible.Volunteers are always welcome!
- Sign up through any Sign up Genius link (see front page of website),
- email us about your interest
- check our calendar and come to any PTSA event and lend a hand (see someone in the blue PTSA shirt for direction)
Don’t have time to share? Consider making a direct donation to PTSA to enable our many and varied programs to continue. There is a donation line on the membership form.
How do I stay informed about WMS PTSA activities? Upcoming PTSA events, as well as membership, donation, and volunteer opportunities are posted to:
- The Wilson Middle School Parents page at Wilson Middle School Parent's Page at Facebook, request to join and be sure to answer the questions so we admit you.
- The School Website so bookmark the page and check it regularly.
- Through PTSA email blasts so be sure to share your email with us when you join.
- Dr. Kassabian’s All Calls and emials so be sure to update your contact info at Parent Connect.
- Be sure to contact us with any questions about PTSA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilson PTSA President 2017-2019