Modified Board Meeting Procedures Due to COVID-19
The Board of Education is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our entire Glendale Unified community. Pursuant to Executive Order N-08-21 issued by Governor Gavin Newsom on June 11, 2021, Glendale Unified Board meetings will be closed to the public until social distancing directives have been lifted. As always, the Board meeting agenda will be posted online and at the Glendale Unified administrative offices within 72 hours of a regular meeting or 24 hours of a special meeting.
How to Watch Board of Education Meetings
All Board of Education meetings are recorded live. Glendale residents who subscribe to Charter Spectrum TV or AT&T U-verse can watch meetings on television by tuning to channel 15 (Spectrum) or channel 99 (U-verse). Anyone with an internet connection can view our Board meeting live stream at http://spectrumstream.com/streaming/gusd/live.cfm.
Instructions for Public Communication
- A survey “sign up” will be posted below for members of the public 30 minutes prior to the start of the public meeting.
- Speakers should fill in their name and select if they wish to address the board regarding a specific agenda item/subject or a non-agenda item.
- Speakers are asked to attend the board meeting virtually via Zoom webinar (a Zoom link will be sent via email upon completing the signup form).
- When it is time for a speaker to address the Board, the speaker will be upgraded to a webinar panelist and their name will be called. Speakers must be present in the Zoom meeting when their name is called in order to be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- Speakers should rename their Zoom profile to their real names to expedite this process.
- Speakers are requested to turn on their camera and state their name prior to addressing the Board.
- After a speaker completes their public comment or if the five minute time limit has been reached, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
- The speaker sign up survey and Zoom teleconference links will be closed following the Public Communications portion of the meeting.
Public Communication for our September 14 Board of Education meeting is now closed. If you did not have an opportunity to speak and would like to submit a comment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information for Public Communication
An individual or group representative may address the Board of Education on any agenda item or subject within its jurisdiction. Not more than five minutes may be allotted to each speaker and no more than twenty minutes to each subject, except by unanimous consent of the Board of Education. A speaker’s allotted time cannot be deferred to another speaker. Board Members may question the speaker but there will be no debate or decision. The Superintendent may refer the matter to the proper department for review. A student’s parent/guardian, or a student if age 18 or older, may request that the minutes exclude the student’s directory information, as defined in Education Code 49061, or a parent/guardians’ personal information, as defined in Education Code 49073.2. The request to exclude such information shall be made in writing to the secretary or clerk of the Board.
Glendale Unified School District will provide accommodations, with reasonable advanced notice, for any individual with a disability or any individual requiring translation needing to address the Board of Education during Public Communication. Please contact the Glendale Unified Public Information Office at (818) 241-3111 x1218 or email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting to request accommodation.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Public Information Office at (818) 241-3111 x1218.