The After-School Education and Safety Program (ASES) is a partnership with the city and county to improve student performance in school and to provide a safe environment after school for students in grades 1-8.
The program consists of two elements:
- An educational and literacy component in content areas and time for homework.
- An educational enrichment component (visual and performing arts, recreation, physical fitness, science and technology, visual and performing arts.
The ASES program is a non-profit program that operates on school days only from school dismissal until 6:00 p.m. The program does not operate on school/national holidays, when students are on school break (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer), or on pupil free days.
The ASES program is located at: Balboa, Cerritos, Columbus, Edison, Franklin, Jefferson, Mann, Marshall, and Muir Elementary Schools;
The ASES Teen Scene Program is located at: Roosevelt, Toll and Wilson Middle Schools.
- Spaces are limited
- Free program at selected elementary schools and three middle schools
- Registration fee is $75.00 for elementary school and middle school programs.
- Students must attend school where ASES program is located to enroll in program
- Safe alternate place for children after school until 6:00 p.m.
- Attendance is required 5 days a week until 6:00 p.m.
- Priority registration is given to families who attend 5 days a week until 6:00 p.m.
ENROLLMENT INFORMATION FOR 2017 - 2018