Full-Day Preschool and Child Care
The full-day preschool program provides a safe and nurturing environment for students and prepares them for the rigors of kindergarten instruction. Children receive age-appropriate educational and life experiences that facilitate their development in essential skills related to language and literacy, mathematics, technology, physical development, physical and social-emotional development, and Spanish language development (Pacific Avenue Preschool only). These learning domains are based on California Department of Education Preschool Learning Foundations and taught through the use of Creative Curriculum by caring, high-quality teachers.
- Spaces are limited
- Enrollment is offered to four-year-old children first, then three-year-olds
- Children must be three years old by September 1 of the school year in which they enroll
- Subsidized tuition is available for income-eligible families who meet State requirements
- Subsidized parents must be working, in vocational training, or looking for a job
The full-day preschool program operates year-round from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Lunch and snack are provided to all students.
- Self-Supporting (full-fee) programs are located at: Cerritos Elementary, Cloud, College View, and Spanish Immersion at Pacific Avenue
- Subsidized programs are located at: Cerritos and Horace Mann Elementary, Cloud, and Spanish Immersion at Pacific Avenue
Program Hours and Cost
- Full-Day: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. - $890 per month
- Extended-Day: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - $595 per month
- Annual enrollment from July through June
How to Apply
Self-Supporting Program: Contact the school site to arrange a tour and obtain application forms.
Subsidized Program: Children are admitted according to waiting list procedures established and monitored by the California Department of Education. Submit your waitlist application through Kinderwait by clicking here.
Parents interested in touring the program may do so on the first Tuesday of each month or the third Wednesday of each month. Tours take place at 10:15 a.m. and families must be pre-registered. Tour times are set to ensure the least distraction for our children. Tour spaces fill up quickly. Please contact the Head Teacher at each school site to schedule a tour.
Self-Supporting Program Policy Handbook for Parents
Subsidized Policy Program Policy Handbook for Parents