Half-Day Preschool (For Income-Eligible Students)
The half-day preschool program is only available to income-eligible families that qualify for subsidized services. The program provides a safe and nurturing environment for students that prepares them for the rigors of kindergarten instruction. Children receive age-appropriate educational and life experiences that facilitate their development in essential skills related to language, literacy, mathematics, technology, physical development, health, visual and performing arts, science, history, social science, English language development, and social-emotional development. These learning domains are based on California Department of Education Preschool Learning Foundations and taught through the use of Creative Curriculum by caring, high-quality teachers.
- There is no fee for the program
- Families must be income-eligible
- Spaces are limited
- Enrollment is offered to four-year-old children first, then three-year-olds
- Children must be three years old by September 1 of the school year in which they enroll
- Programs are located at Cerritos, Columbus, and Jefferson Elementary Schools
The half-day preschool program operates three hours each day and lunch is provided to all students.
- Morning session runs from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon session runs from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
How to Apply
Children are admitted according to waiting list procedures established and monitored by the California Department of Education. Submit your waitlist application through Kinderwait by clicking here.
Subsidized Preschool Policy Handbook for Parents.