Spanish Immersion Preschool
In the full-day Spanish immersion preschool program, children are taught 100% in Spanish. Students are provided the opportunity to become bilingual, bi-literate, and culturally aware in Spanish through research-based curriculum that prepares them for the GUSD Foreign Language Academies of Glendale (FLAG) program. Please be aware that enrollment in our Spanish dual immersion preschool program does not guarantee space in a GUSD FLAG program.
The Spanish immersion preschool program provides a safe and nurturing environment for students and prepares them for the rigors of kindergarten instruction. Children receive age-appropriate educational and life experiences that facilitate their development in essential skills related to language and literacy, mathematics, technology, physical development, physical and social-emotional development, and Spanish language development. These learning domains are based on California Department of Education Preschool Learning Foundations and taught through the use of Creative Curriculum by caring, high-quality teachers.
- Spaces are limited
- Enrollment is offered to four-year-old children first, then three-year-olds
- Children must be three years old by September 1 of the school year in which they enroll
- Subsidized tuition is available for income-eligible families who meet State requirements
- Subsidized parents must be working, in vocational training, or looking for a job
- Program is located at Pacific Avenue Preschool
The full-day Spanish immersion preschool program operates year-round from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Lunch and snack are provided to all students.
Program Hours and Cost
- Full-Day: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. - $890 per month
- Extended-Day: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - $595 per month
- Annual enrollment from July through June
How to Apply
Self-Supporting Program: Contact the school site to arrange a tour and obtain application forms.
Subsidized Program: Children are admitted according to waiting list procedures established and monitored by the California Department of Education. Submit your waitlist application through Kinderwait by clicking here.
Parents interested in touring the program may do so on the first Tuesday of each month or the third Wednesday of each month. Tours take place at 10:15 a.m. and families must be pre-registered. Tour times are set to ensure the least distraction for our children. Tour spaces fill up quickly. Please contact the Head Teacher at Pacific Avenue Preschool to schedule a tour.
Self-Supporting Program Policy Handbook for Parents
Subsidized Policy Program Policy Handbook for Parents