Research shows that family engagement in schools improves student achievement, reduces absenteeism, and restores parents’ confidence in their children’s education. Students with involved families earn higher grades and test scores, have better social skills, show improved behavior, and have greater overall school success.
The Toll teaching community recognizes the importance of the triad of collaboration between students, families and staff and encourages families to be actively involved in their child's education.
Opportunities for Involvement for the 2019-20 School Year:
1. Annual Title I Meeting: Toll is a Title 1 school due to meeting minimum requirements of students receiving free and reduced lunch. The annual Title 1 meeting reviews the requirements and provides information about the services provided with these funds.
9/12/19 5:00 PM
2. School Site Council/English Language Advisory Committee Meetings: The purpose of the SSC/ELAC is to serve as the school community representative body. The committee includes representation from administration, teachers, Parents, students and other staff members. The purpose of the committee is to annually review student assessment data, advise in decisions regarding academic achievement goals, annually update and revise the school plan to align with the academic goals, and monitor the implementation of the goals and the budget. All are welcome to attend meetings. Translation services provided upon request.
3. Principal and Parent Chats: Principal chats occur monthly at Toll and are an effective way to maintain communication with the principal and other parents regarding monthly happenings and various additional topics important to Toll. All meetings will take place at 8:30AM at Toll Middle School.
4. Student of the Month: Each month Toll staff recognize students from each core/department/elective which exemplify the Toll tenets of Success, Respect, Cleanliness, Punctuality or Service. Several students are honored each month in the auditorium at 7:30AM. Families are invited to observe students awarded with a certificate and pin for this achievement.
5. PTA and Foundation Events: For events for the current year, please see the PTA and Foundation calendars.
1. LCAP Town Hall Meetings: The stakeholder Committee meets five times yearly to gather input regarding the district LCAP plan or "Roadmap to Success." All meetings will occur at the District office on 223 North Jackson Street. All parents/guardians,students,employees, and community members are encouraged to attend.
2019-20 LCAP TOWN HALL MEETINGS
6:30 - 7:30 p.m., Mondays
GUSD Administration Center Boardroom
223 N. Jackson Street, Glendale, CA 91206
December 2, 2019
Topic: Student Achievement
January 13, 2020
Topic: School Safety
March 2, 2020
Topic: Social & Emotional Learning
April 6, 2020
May 11, 2020
Topic: Parent Engagement
2. District English Language Advisory Committee Meetings: DELAC meets five times yearly to discuss the district English Learner Programs. All families of English Learners are encouraged to attend this important meeting. All meetings will occur from 5:30PM-6:30PM at the District office on 223 North Jackson Street.
October 14, 2019
December 9, 2019
January 27, 2020
March 3, 2020
May 18, 2020