Proposed Territory Transfer
In order to preserve the integrity of our strong schools, academic program, and financial stability GUSD opposes a request to move more than 350 of our students from GUSD to La Canada USD. We value every GUSD student and family regardless of their place of residency. GUSD Board, administration, teachers, and classified staff are committed to providing a high quality educational program to every student in a caring environment.GUSD Board of Education Resolution No. 21 - April 2, 2019 Board of Education MeetingReaffirming Opposition to the Proposed Transfer of Territory to the La Cañada Unified School DistrictLatest News and Events
Messages from the Superintendent
- April 24, 2019 - LA County Committee meeting on May 1 has been canceled and the final vote on the Sagebrush territory transfer has been postponed. We will notify all stakeholders once the final vote has been rescheduled.
- October 3, 2018 - LACOE staff will present CEQA findings to the LA County Committee
- January 10, 2018 - LA County Committee finalized a third-party contract for California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) review
- May 3, 2017 - LA County Committee conditionally approves territory transfer petition (final approval pending CEQA review)
- May 3, 2017 - Message from the Superintendent: LA County Committee Preliminary Vote
- April 11, 2017 - Message from the Superintendent: LA County Committee to Vote on Territory Transfer
- October 20, 2016 - Board and Administration Position "Keep GUSD Whole"
- October 4, 2016 - Press Release: Public Hearing on Territory Transfer Petition
- September 14, 2016 - Mountain Avenue Elementary School Parent Meeting - Territory Transfer Update
- September 8, 2016 - CV Weekly Article - Sagebrush Petition Accepted by LACOE's LACCSDO
- September 7, 2016 - Message from the Superintendent - LA County Committee on School District Organization Accepts UniteLCF Petition