(Last updated 9/12/19)
Sep 20 - Movie Night #1: Starts @ 5 PM (Parents please CLICK HERE to sign up to volunteer)
Sep 21 - Marching uniform fitting. Please arrive any time between 9:00 AM and noon. The whole process shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes for most people. Extra Credit will be offered to those who come with a parent who is willing to stay and help for at least 30 minutes. This is not a mandatory event but the parents with the experience to do the fittings are not available to help during the week. Please strongly consider taking 30 minutes out of your Saturday so we can make this day as productive a day as possible.
TBA - Combined Toll/Hoover reheasral for Toll/Hoover football game 3:10 - 5:30
TBA - Toll/Hoover Football Game at Glendale High School - Please eat prior to arriving or bring $5-10 to eat there. Students will have a short amount of time to purachse food items here at the end of the night
- 4:30 - 5:00 PM Check-In at Toll
- 5:15 Load bus
- 5:30 Depart for GHS
- 6:30 Pre-Game Starts
- 7:00 Game Starts
- The game ends when the game ends but I'm hoping to arrive back at Toll no later than 10:00. Students may leave after uniforms are hung up neatly on the rack.
Dec 2 - Concert Report #1 Due (see Concert Report Page)
Dec 4 - 1st rehearsal for the Montrose Christmas Parade from 3:00 to 5:30. This is a mandatory rehearsal for full participation in the Montrose Christmas Parade.
Dec 6 - 2nd rehearsal for the Montrose Christmas Parade from 3:00 to 5:30. This is a mandatory rehearsal for full participation in the Montrose Christmas Parade.
Dec 7 - Montrose Christmas Parade
- 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM Check-In at Toll
- 4:00 Change into Uniforms
- 4:15 Load bus
- 4:30 Depart from Toll
- 6:00 Parade Starts
- We should be arriving back at Toll by 8:30 PM. Students may leave after uniforms are hung up neatly on the rack.
Dec 10 - Winterfest Assembly: 4th & 6th periods
TBA - Talent Show Auditions - THIS IS NOT A MUSIC DEPARTMENT EVENT and is completely optional
Jan 31 - Movie Night #2: Starts @ 5 PM (Parents please CLICK HERE to sign up to volunteer)
TBA - Talent Show - THIS IS NOT A MUSIC DEPARTMENT EVENT and is completely optional
TBA - Hoover/Toll Music Night in Hoover's Gym.
- 8:00 - 8:30 AM - Check-In @ Hoover's Gym.
- 8:30 - 9:00 AM Set-Up
- 9:00 - 10:30 AM Rehearse
- 3:00 - 3:30 PM Check-In
- 3:30 - 4:00 PM Set-Up
- 4:00 - about 5:30 PM Concert
- 5:30 - 6:30 PM Reception
Feb 19 - After school rehearsal 3:00 - 5:00 PM: This is a mandatory rehearsal to participate in the Camellia Festival Parade.
Feb 21 - After school rehearsal 3:00 - 5:00 PM: This is a mandatory rehearsal to participate in the Camellia Festival Parade.
Feb 22 - Camellia Festival Parade in Temple City
- 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM - Check-In
- 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM - Change into uniforms and load buss
- 8:30 AM Depart
- 9:00 AM Arrive
- 10:00 AM Parade Start: we are #41 of 81 entries and the 8th band of the day
We should arrive back at Toll around 12:00 PM. Students may leave after instruments and uniforms are put away properly.
TBA - GUSD Music Festival at GHS: Meet There! (no bus provided). Please bring your instrument home with you on Friday. Dress in polos and blue jeans.
- 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM - Check-In
- 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM - Warm-Up
- 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM - Perform (open to public free of charge)
- 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM - Clinic
- 6:30 PM Dismissed
Mar 12 - Open House Performance
- 4:30 - 5:00 Check-In
- 5:00 - 5:30 Set-Up
- 5:30 - 6:30 Performances
- 6:30 - 7:00 Clean-Up
- 7:00 Dismissed
TBA - Block Party
- 5:15 - 5:45 Check-In
- 6:50 Perform
- 7:00 - 7:30 Return Equipment to music room
- 7:30 Dismissed
May 1 - Knott's Berry Farm Trip
- 7:00 - 7:30 - Check-in @ Music Room
- 7:30 - Load Buses
- 8:00 - Depart for Fullerton College
- 9:30 - unpack/unload
- 10:20- Band Warm-up
- 10:45 - Band Performs
- 11:50 - Strings Warm-up
- 12:15 - Strings Perform
- 1:15 - Awards
- 2:30 - Enter Park
- 6:30 - 7:00 Check-In at Johnny Rockets
- 10:00 - Start heading back to buses
- 10:30 - Load buses
- 10:45 - Depart
- 11:30 - Return Home/Unload
- 11:45 - Dismissed
May 4 - Concert Report #2 Due (see Concert Report Page)
May 12 - Razzmatazz Assembly: 4th & 6th periods
June 9 - Promotion Rehearsal 3:00 - 5:00 PM. You may want to bring a hat and a bottle of water
June 10 - Promotion Performance
- 7:30 - 8:00 AM - Check-In
- 8:00 - 8:30 - Set-up
- 8:30 - 10:00 - Ceremony
- 10:00 - 10:25 - Clean-up