Expanded Learning Programs
GUSD offers both self-supporting (full fee) and subsidized (free or reduced fee) before- and after-school programs for students in grades TK-8. Our expanded learning programs provide a safe and supervised environment, enrichment opportunities, and resources to augment classroom learning. Please click the links below or to the left to learn more about our expanded learning options. Enrollment for the 2016-17 school year is ongoing.
Registration packets must include the enrollment fee ($75 after August 1, 2016). Spaces fill up quickly and a waitlist will be compiled once space is no longer available. All spaces for elementary self supporting (full-fee) care are available on a first come, first served basis. You may call us or speak to your school's head teacher for further information. Please note there are waiting lists at most self-supporting sites. We are working on ways to enroll as many students as possible while maintaining our commitment to student safety and quality after-school programming.
Families on the waitlist for our expanded learning programs often make private babysitting arrangements. Information about private child care options is available by contacting the Child Care Resource Center, an agency that maintains a list of licensed childcare alternatives in the area. They can be reached at (818) 717-1000.
GUSD Expanded Learning Programs
- Subsidized program locations: Balboa, Cerritos, Columbus, Edison, Franklin, Fremont, Jefferson, Keppel, La Crescenta, Lincoln, Mann, Marshall, Muir, Valley View, Verdugo Woodlands, R.D. White Elementary Schools
- Self-supporting program locations: Balboa, Cerritos, Columbus, Dunsmore, Edison, Franklin, Fremont, Glenoaks, Jefferson, Keppel, La Crescenta, Lincoln, Mann, Marshall, Monte Vista, Mountain Ave., Muir, Valley View, Verdugo Woodlands, R.D. White Elementary Schools
- Locations: Balboa, Cerritos, Columbus, Edison, Franklin, Jefferson, Mann, Marshall, and Muir Elementary Schools
- Locations: Roosevelt, Rosemont, Toll, and Wilson Middle Schools
- Locations: Rosemont and Toll Middle Schools