Writing (Trimester 2)
Expository Writing Checklist
1. Did you use four to five sentences to introduce the topic?
2. Is your topic stated clearly?
1. Do you have a paragraph for each idea?
2. Did you use transition words to lead into new paragraphs?
3. Are you using precise vocabulary?
4. Are you backing up (supporting) details with facts/definitions and citing all sources properly?
1. Did you restate your topic idea? (Concluding statement)
2. Did you finish with an ending that leaves the reader satisfied and thinking about a new topic?
1. Does your writing inform the reader about your topic?
2. Did you use informing details, facts and logic?
3. Have you left readers with good information?