Welcome Class of 2023!
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Class of 2023!
I am so excited to be joining the Hoover Ohana and to be your new counselor! I recently graduated with my Masters of Education in School Counseling from USC, and spent the last year of my internship with Hoover which is when I grew to love this community!
As your school counselor, my role is to care for and guide you in your academic goals and social and emotional well-being, as well as help prepare you for life after high school. I believe every student has the capacity for self-awareness, growth, and success no matter your background or personal struggles. Together, I hope we can work as a team to help you achieve all of your goals and rise to your true potential!
Office HoursStudent Office Hours: Monday-Friday 11:50am - 1:00pm and 2:20pm - 3:30pm (Lunch and After School)
Parent/Guardian Only Office Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00am - 3:30pm
If you have any questions, please email me. Or, if you would like to schedule a phone call or a Google Meet, please click on the "You Can Book Me" link below and choose an appointment time that works best for you.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this link to book a phone or video appointment: msirvinehhscounselor.youcanbook.me
Fall 2020 Updates and FAQs
Fall 2020 Updates
- Due to the high volume of emails I am receiving, I will answer emails in the order received. Please allow 2 school days for a reply.
- 10th Grade class schedules are ready to view in your student portal at student.gusd.net. Please check your portal often.
- Teachers and elective classes are finalized and cannot be changed. Any changes needed to be requested before the first day of school.
- If students need Chromebooks or WiFi Hotspots please go to the district office and pick one up.
- Be sure to check back regularly for more updates.
Below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ):
- If I need my username and password for my student portal, what do I do? Email your counselor, always include in your email your full name and student ID number.
- What if I have an error in my class schedule? Email your counselor. Explain the mistake. We will work together via email. If you prefer a phone call, include your phone number.
- How can I change my classes? Unfortunately, there are no class changes. Student portals were open in June for students to request a schedule change. At this time, all teachers have been hired and classes have opened based on student requests.
- How do I email my counselor or teachers? If you know the name of the school staff, the GUSD staff email formula is: The initial of the First Name+Full Last Name@gusd.net. Example: Ms. Claire Irvine email@example.com.
- What if I never returned my registration packet? If I do not have your registration packet then an open elective was chosen for you. Unfortunately, your elective is final.
- Why do I have a no 6th period and my sport is 7th period? All sports are scheduled during 7th period. Your coach will let you know more information about distance learning and their class.
- Due to COVID 19, are there any changes to starting school? Check the Hoover website regularly for updates.
Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Glendale Community College Dual Enrollment
The links below provide the steps for enrolling in GCC Dual Enrollment Classes. GCC forms are digital for Fall and classes will be online.
Want to learn more about GCC programs?
Join a Zoom meeting with DualHub and Virtual College Night. Get more information at this link https://www.glendale.edu/students/student-services/sos-outreach/connect-with-us
Student Help and Crisis Information:
Didi Hirsch in Glendale (M-F - 8:30am - 5:30pm PST): 888-807-7250
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 hours): 800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line (24 hours): Texting "HOME" to 741741
Trevor Project, LGBTQ Crisis Help (24 hours): 866-4-U-TREVOR
Teen Line Phone Line (6pm - 10pm PST - Daily): 310-855-4673
Teen Line Text and Chat: - http://teenlineonline.org