All About Ms. Iraheta
* I'm a proud mom of 2 great guys! My oldest saves lives along with other brave emergency responders. My youngest is a student at UCLA studying mechanical engineer.
* I've been working for the district since 1995! I can't believe it. My teaching career began at Cerritos. I've also been a counselor at Glendale High and Roosevelt MS.
* I graduated from Cal State LA, National University, & CSUN where I earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts, a Master of Science Degree in Counseling, and a Master of Arts Degree in Educational Administration respectively. I also earned my Pupil Personnel Service (PPS), Adminstrative Service & Teaching Credentials along with my degrees.
* My mantra is to continue to live "The Year of Yes." I continue to say yes to creating more happy moments with family, friends, while helping teenagers along the way.
Welcome Class of 2020!
Hello and Welcome to my counseling page! My name is Ms. Iraheta and I am the counselor for the Class of 2020. My main role is to help you graduate from high school and be ready for life after graduation. Together we will work on developing the mindsets and behaviors that increase academic learning, attending college, self-care, and foster career readiness. Our goal is to help you build persistence, resilience, and grit as they are key components to your success in school and beyond.
If you have any questions: Students may come to the counseling office during snack, lunch, or after school. Students may also email me or fill out a "Request to See my Counselor" form in the counseling office. Parents please contact me to set up an appointment or if you prefer to discuss your student by phone or in writing, you may call the school at 818-242-6801 ext. 81134 or better yet email me at email@example.com.
Dual Enrollment Glendale College ClassesTake a free college class while in high school. Click here for more information: Fall 2019 Dual Enrollment Class OfferingsOk, I'm sold, how do I enroll? Click here for the necessary steps: Enrollment Packet GCCTutoringFree help in any subject after school in the LIBRARY Tues-Thurs from 3:00 to 3:50 pm. Super tutors are there to help you.Writing Lab is Open Monday - Thursday before school at 7:15 - 7:55 am, at Lunch, and after school at 3:15- 4:15 pm in Room 11219.Math Help:
- G. Arakelyan (Room #2314) Mon. after school, All Math subjects
- B. Abisaab (Room #2301) Mon./Wed. at Lunch, All math subjects
- S. Balmanoukian (Room #10304) Wed. after school, Int. Math 3 & Math Analysis
- G. Calvario (Room #10303) Tues./Th. At lunch & Wed. after school, Int. Math 1 & Int. Math 2
- S. Kaufman (Room #10307) Mon. after school, Int. Math 2 & Int. Math 3
- W. LeClear (Room #2313) Tues./Th. after school, Int. Math 1 & Int. Math 2
- V. Sood (Room #10310) Tues./Th. after school, Int. Math 3 and above
Class of 2020
Distinguished Scholars Academy 2019-2020
Hello DSA Ohana,
Welcome back Class of 2020! I'm so excited to work with you! Senior year is very important and there is so much going on. Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Engaged! My expectation is that you attend all DSA meetings and if you plan to be absent that you let me know via email. Below are our meeting dates for 2019-2020 school year. We meet about every other week in Room 12101. Bring your lunch.
SAVE the DATE (Wednesdays):
Note: DSA Fieldtrips are being planned. Dates, Universities, and Times TBD.