Visa Information

  • Foreign students seeking enrollment in GUSD schools need only provide the usual proof of physical residence required for all students (utility bills, escrow papers, or rental agreement).

    By Federal law, students residing in the United States with a valid Visitor Visa (B-1/B-2) may only enroll in school after a Change of Status document has been approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS - formerly INS). For more information, please visit the USCIS website

    GUSD does not accept students admitted to attend specified schools on an F-1 Visa (also known as an I-20). However, dependents of an F-1 Visa holder, who are in the country on F-2 Visas, may enroll in GUSD schools.

  • Undocumented Students and Families

    All students, including undocumented students, have a right to attend school in California in a learning environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying, violence, and intimidation. For more information about undocumented student rights, please read our Frequently Asked Questions below.

    Frequently Asked Questions for Undocumented Students and Families
            Translations:        Armenian  |  Korean  |  Spanish

Last Modified on May 30, 2017