The John Muir Elementary School staff, in collaboration with students, families, and the community provides a nurturing and safe learning environment and prepares students for the demands of the ever-changing future. Our students achieve academic excellence through collaboration, critical thinking, communication, and creativity to become real-world problem solvers.
Instructional Focus:John Muir Elementary School's instructional focus is Critical Thinking. All students will demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking skills in literacy.Bold Steps & Best Practices:
- Implementation of i-Ready assessments (3 times a year to monitor progress) and Ready Common Core curriculum.
- Implement Common Core State Standards school wide; with the implementation of the four Cs (Critical Thinking, Creativity, Communication, and Collaboration).
- Utilize the eight CCSS Mathematical Practices.
- Continue with school-wide implementation of Response to Intervention Program (RTI) which includes multiple tiers in Reading.
- Increasing technology and digital literacy.
- Implementation of Thinking Maps and Kagan Cooperative Learning strategies.