District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
Every California public school district with 51 or more English learner (EL) students must form a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). The DELAC advises the district's local governing board on programs and services for ELs, including the following tasks:
- Development or revision of a district master plan of education programs and services for ELs, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for ELs.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Administration of the annual language census.
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
2018-2019 DELAC Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the GUSD Administration Center Boardroom at 223 N. Jackson Street.
Childcare and translators are provided at all meetings.
- Monday, October 1, 2018
- Monday, November 26, 2018
- Monday,January 28, 2019
- Monday, April 8, 2019
- Monday, May 20, 2019
DELAC Meeting Agendas and Minutes