District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
Every California public school district with 51 or more English learner (EL) students must form a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). The DELAC advises the district's local governing board on programs and services for ELs, including the following tasks:
- Development or revision of a district master plan of education programs and services for ELs, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for ELs.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Administration of the annual language census.
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
2020-21 DELAC Meeting Schedule
All parents of English learners are encouraged to attend!
Meetings will be virtual until further notice. Meeting links will be provided.