Inter-District Releases


    The GUSD Board of Education recognizes that parents may request a release for their child to attend a school outside of GUSD. Release requests may be made for enrollment in a specialized program or based on individual family or child needs.


    Please Note: Students on an IEP or 504 plan are required to provide a copy of their current IEP or 504 plan.


    Interdistrict Release Application


    Reasons for an Interdistrict Release:

    1. Anticipated Move: If a family plans to move from GUSD after the beginning of a semester.

    2. Opportunity: Special Curriculum, Other Academic, Attendance, Behavior, Social, Senior Status

    3. Privately Arranged Child Care (grades TK-8 only): Parents/guardians who require adult supervision for their child before and/or after school hours may request a release to attend the school of residence where the childcare is provided. This includes parent(s) who work or are students themselves. Childcare releases are valid only as long as the above childcare arrangements remain in effect.

    4. Sibling: When the student has a sibling attending a school in the receiving district, to avoid splitting the family’s attendance.

    5. Parent Employment: Students whose parent/guardian works outside GUSD attendance boundaries.