Elementary School Enrollment:
- All Elementary enrollments for the 2019-2020 school year will take place in Room 203 at the district office.
Middle & High School Enrollment:
- All middle and high school enrollments will be done at school sites. Please visit their main office.
If this is the first time your child is entering GUSD, please pre-enroll your child by clicking HERE prior to dropping off the registeration packet.
Transitional Kinder Packets:
Elementary School Packets (Kinder-6th):
Middle School Packets:
High School Packets:
Parent Living with Another Party Form:
- To enter Transitional Kindergarten during the 19-20 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or between September 2, 2019 and December 2, 2019.
- To enter Kindergarten during the 19-20 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2019.
- To enter 1st Grade during the 19-20 school year, a child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, 2019.
- To enter all other grade levels, a child will be placed in the appropriate grade level based on date of birth, prior school attendance, and district guidelines.
- PROOF OF AGE - An original birth certificate is the primary source of proof of age. Other documents are also acceptable, for example: passport, baptism certificate, hospital certificate.
- UP-TO-DATE PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION - For Polio, DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus), MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), Hepatitis B, and Varicella (Chickenpox).
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY - Two (2) original, current utility bills or one (1) original, current utility bill plus Escrow papers, or one (1) current utility bill plus a Rental Agreement in parent’s/legal guardian’s name.
- HEALTH EXAMINATION - A health examination is required by State Law for first grade students. This health check-up is recommended at the Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten levels but not earlier than 18 months before admission to the first grade.
- DENTAL EXAMINATION – A dental examination is required by State Law for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten on first school entry. This assessment may be done within 12 months prior to admission to Kindergarten, but not later than May 31 following school admission.
The registration process will not be completed until all forms are submitted. A child is to be registered for school only at the school in their area of residence, at the time of registration, unless the child has been accepted into a Magnet School or Dual Immersion Program. Please check, in advance, to be sure of the school attendance area in which you reside. Please notify the school if your child will not be in attendance on the first day of school.
Only parents or legal guardians are allowed to register students. It is not necessary to bring your child(ren) with you for the registration process. Legal guardians must bring valid court documents to prove their relationship to the student(s).
We encourage parents to complete the registration process as soon as possible. Space is available on a first come, first served basis. In cases where classrooms become overcrowded, students will be assigned to other Glendale Unified School District schools to meet the requirements of California law.