Social and Peer Problems

  • What do I do if I am having peer problems?

    Your counselor can be your best friend, listen to your problems, and offer suggestions about how to solve the problem. You are the key to solving your own problems. If you need to see a counselor, stop by the office and/or complete a Counselor Appointment Request. A counselor will see you as soon as possible. If there is a true emergency, tell the secretary, and you will be seen as soon as possible.

    What if someone is calling me names?

    DON’T PANIC! As soon as they find out you aren’t going to react, they will probably stop. If they continue to call you names, speak immediately to the Assistant Principal or a counselor. Be sure you are not contributing to the problem.

    What if someone tells me something bad that someone else has said about me?

    Ignore it. Peoples’ tongues are often their worse weapon, and if they can upset you, they have won. Make sure you don’t spread rumors about others.