2018-19 Board of Education Priorities
The GUSD Board of Education, as part of establishing its yearly priorities, has affirmed its commitment to the essential priorities of improving student achievement and maintaining a safe learning environment. The Board recognizes that improving student achievement is a comprehensive TK-12 effort, which encompasses all student groups and subject areas, and that maintaining a safe, orderly learning environment is critical to student success.1. Maximize Student Achievement
2. Create a Culture of Learning
- Ensure the long-term success and sustainability of GUSD’s specialized and general academic programs.
- Ensure that financial literacy is a part of the learning experience for every student.
- Ensure college savings accounts for every student.
3. Increase Engagement
- Ensure the safety and support the social, emotional, and physical needs of our students and staff.
4. Maintain District Solvency and Financial Responsibility
- Engage families and community to support student learning.
- Develop and implement a financial plan that reduces and eventually eliminates deficit spending