The Glendale Unified Board of Education, as part of establishing its yearly priorities, has affirmed its commitment to the essential priorities of improving student achievement and maintaining a safe learning environment. The Board recognizes that improving student achievement is a comprehensive TK-12 effort, which encompasses all student groups and subject areas, and that maintaining a safe, orderly learning environment is critical to student success.
- Close the digital and equity gap.
- Offer robust distance, hybrid, and in-person learning programs.
- Address learning loss and improve attendance.
- Ensure equitable teaching and learning opportunities led by excellence.
- Support culturally relevant curriculum that emphasizes inclusion.
- Increase parent and family engagement opportunities.
- Strengthen mental health support and programs.
- Develop proactive health and safety procedures.
- Support physical, social, and emotional wellbeing.
- Ensure the fiscal health of the district.
- Implement a fiscal plan to preserve the district resources.
- Plan for the district's future educational and facility needs.