Application Procedures | Clark Magnet High School
Clark Magnet High School and GUSD Elementary and Middle Magnet Schools require an application. All Clark applicants are required to reside within the boundaries of Glendale Unified School District.
Students are selected each year by a random lottery.
- The lottery window for the 2020-2021 school year is closed.
- The application window for the 2021-2022 Elementary Magnet and FLAG Programs and Roosevelt STEAM Academy is November 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021. The lottery drawing will be held on February 10, 2021.
- Clark Magnet High School Application window is January 11, 2021 - January 31, 2021. The lottery drawing will be conducted on March 5, 2021. Parents must submit their acceptance online no later than March 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- Only eligible applications submitted during the application window will be included in the 2021-2022 lottery. All late applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
To apply for one of GUSD's magnet schools, visit GUSDMagnetandFlag.com
Application, selection, and enrollment process for students new to a GUSD magnet school.
ALL STUDENTS RESIDING IN THE GUSD BOUNDARIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AND PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES AT CLARK MAGNET HIGH SCHOOL.
For translation please click on a language below:
Armenian | Korean | Spanish
1. When can I submit an application?
The application window is open from January 11 through January 31, 2020.
2. Would an application be accepted after the deadline?
Applications submitted after January 31, 2020 will not be considered for the lottery, but will be placed on a waiting list, if eligibility is met.
3. What happens if the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of openings available?
A fair and equitable electronic lottery will be conducted by the GUSD to determine placement of qualified applicants. If necessary, after the lottery, a waiting list will be established for placement.
4. Can parents be present at the time of the lottery?
Yes. The electronic lottery will be conducted in the GUSD Board Room on March 6, 2020 at 1:00 PM.
5. How do I apply if I do not have internet access?
You may complete the application, in person, at the department of Student Support Services at 223 N. Jackson, Room 203, in Glendale, by 4:30 p.m. no later than January 31, 2020.
6. When will I be informed if my application is eligible for the lottery?
Before the lottery you will receive an email stating whether or not your child's application meets the eligibility requirements to be included in the lottery. If you do not receive an email indicating the applicant's eligibility one week prior to the lottery, please contact the office of Student Support Service at (818) 241-3111 ext. 1236.
7. When is the electronic lottery?
The lottery will be held on March 6, 2020.
8. How will I be notified about the results of the lottery?
You will receive an email notification.
9. If one of my twins is accepted will the other one be automatically accepted?
Yes, if one twin is accepted if eligible the other twin will be as well.
10. If I have a child currently attending Clark will the younger sibling have priority for admission?
There will be no sibling preference or priority for admission.