Application Procedures | Clark Magnet High School
Clark Magnet High School and GUSD Elementary Magnet Schools require an application.
Students are selected each year by a random lottery.
- The lottery window for the 2018-2019 school year is closed.
- The application window for the 2019-2020 Elementary Magnet and FLAG Programs was November 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019. The lottery drawing will be held on February 13, 2019 at 10:00 am at the district office.
- Clark Magnet High School Application window was January 12, 2019 - January 31, 2019. The lottery drawing will be conducted on March 8, 2019 at 1:00 PM in the Board Room of the Glendale Unified School District. Parents must submit their acceptance online no later than March 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
- Only eligible applications submitted during the application window will be included in the 2019-2020 lottery. All late applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
To apply for one of GUSD's magnet schools, visit GUSDMagnetandFlag.com
Application, selection, and enrollment process for students new to a GUSD magnet school.
ALL STUDENTS RESIDING IN THE GUSD BOUNDARIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AND PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES AT CLARK MAGNET HIGH SCHOOL.
For translation please click on a language below:
Armenian | Korean | Spanish
1. When can I submit an application?
The application window is open from January 12 through January 31, 2019.
2. Would an application be accepted after the deadline?
Applications submitted after January 31, 2019 will not be considered for the lottery, but will be placed on a waiting list, if eligibility is met.
3. What happens if the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of openings available?
A fair and equitable electronic lottery will be conducted by the GUSD to determine placement of qualified applicants. If necessary, after the lottery, a waiting list will be established for placement.
4. Can parents be present at the time of the lottery?
No. The electronic lottery will be conducted in the office of Student Support Service at GUSD.
5. How do I apply if I do not have internet access?
You may complete the application, in person, at the department of Student Support Services at 223 N. Jackson, Room 203, in Glendale, by 4:30 p.m. no later than January 31, 2019.
6. When will I be informed if my application is eligible for the lottery?
Before the lottery you will receive an email stating whether or not your child's application meets the eligibility requirements to be included in the lottery. If you do not receive an email indicating the applicant's eligibility one week prior to the lottery, please contact the office of Student Support Service at (818) 241-3111 ext. 1236.
7. When is the electronic lottery?
The lottery will be held on March 8, 2019.
8. How will I be notified about the results of the lottery?
You will receive an email notification.
9. If one of my twins is accepted will the other one be automatically accepted?
Yes, if one twin is accepted the other twin will be as well.
10. If I have a child currently attending Clark will the younger sibling have priority for admission?
There will be no sibling preference or priority for admission.