Superintendent's Community Updates
Each month, Dr. Ekchian shares the latest updates and information with our community. These virtual presentations take place via Zoom and recordings are posted on the Glendale Unified YouTube channel.
Previous Superintendent's Updates
December 16 - Building Healthy Communities
Topic: Building Healthy Communities
- Matt Flesock, Executive Director, UCLA Health Sound Body Sound Mind
- Justin Henderson, Director of Community Well-Being, Adventist Health Glendale
- Kathy Young, Vice President - Youth Market, American Heart Association
- Jennifer Chin Gonzales, Director of Nutrition Services, Glendale Unified School District
- Narbeh Der-Gevorkian, Department Chair of Health Sciences / Instructor of College and Career Preparation and Health, Clark Magnet High School
View the Presentation Slides - UCLA Health Sound Body Mind
October 28 - College & Career Readiness
Topic: College and Career Readiness
Our College and Career Readness update featured a special presentation from Dr. Kevin J. Fleming, Vice President of Planning & Development for Norco College and athor of Re-Defining the Goal: The True Path to Career Readiness in the 21st Century. Glendale Unified students, parents, and acaademic counselors participated in a roundtable converstion with our esteemed panelists about what students can do to prepare for success in college, career, and life.
- Dr. Kevin J. Fleming, Vice President, Planning and Development, Norco College
- Dr. David Viar, Superintendent/President, Glendale Community College
- Dr. Hasmig Baran, Lecturer, California State University, Northridge
- Dr. Narineh Makijan, Coordinator, Glendale Unified College and Career Division
September 23 - COVID-19 Vaccination
Topic: COVID-19 Vaccination
Our COVID-19 Vaccination update featured a special presentation from Dr. Nava Yeganeh, pediatric infectious disease doctor at UCLA and medical epidemiologist and lead of the vaccine unit for the education branch at the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. Representatives from Glendale Council Parent Teacher Association, Glendale Teachers Association, and the Glendale Unified chapter of California School Employees Association posed frequently asked questions about the COVID vaccine to Dr. Yeganeh.