Glendale Unified Enrollment for the 2021-22 School Year
Enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year begins on February 23, 2021. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, enrollments will be by appointment only. Please click on the "Appointments for Registration" link to the left of your screen, choose your school and you will be routed to their enrollment appointment and instruction page.
For your convenience below are enrollment packets by grade level:
Transitional Kinder (TK):
If you do not reside within the GUSD boundaries and would like to submit a permit to attend a school within the Glendale Unified School District, please submit a permit application at gusdpermits.com. Permits for the 2021-2022 school year will open on March 1, 2021.
Keep connected with us! Visit https://www.gusd.net/
domain/4369 to keep up to date with communications from Glendale Unified School District.
A. Completed Enrollment Packet
B. Legal proof of Age: Accepted forms of documents include: birth certificate,
passport, baptismal certificate
C. Proof of Residency (MUST SUBMIT TWO):
1. Current and original utility bill which is no more than two months old.
(If you are providing two utility bills they must be from two separate utility companies).
We accept bills ONLY from water/power, gas, cable, landline and internet companies.
2. Escrow papers showing a closing date preceding the date of enrollment.
If escrow has not closed, please contact 818-241-3111 ext. 1285.
3. Rental agreement
4. Most current property tax payment receipt
5. Most recent pay stub
6. Current voter registration receipt
7. Communication from a government agency dated no more than three months ago.
8. If you are currently living with another party and do not have two of the items listed above,
please complete the Parent Living With Another Party form listed below and provide the
required documents. Please know this form must be updated annually.
Parent Living With Another Party Form: English Armenian Spanish Korean
D. Immunizations: We must receive a copy of your child’s immunization records.
Please see enrollment packet for required immunizations.
Students without complete immunizations will not be enrolled.
However, if your child is in between inoculations please let us know.
E. Picture ID of Parent or Guardian enrolling the student: Driver’s License or passport
****For Kinder & 1st Grade Students: Health Examination Forms signed by a pediatrician are not mandatory at the time of enrollment but must be turned into the school office as soon as you have them available. Students enrolling in TK, 2nd-6th do not need the health examination form.
****For TK and Kinder Students: Oral Examination Forms signed by a dentist are not mandatory at the time of enrollment but must be turned in to the office as soon as you have them available. Students enrolling in 1st-6th grade do not need the oral examination form.
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOUR CHILD:
1. If there are any court orders or legal bindings pertaining to the child, please provide
a copy of the stamped order signed by a judge.
2. If your child has an IEP with another district, a copy of his or her latest IEP.
3. If your child has a 504 plan with another district, please provide us with a copy of it.
2021-22 AGE REQUIREMENTS:
- To enter Transitional Kindergarten during the 21-22 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021.
- To enter Kindergarten during the 21-22 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- To enter 1st Grade during the 21-22 school year, a child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- To enter all other grade levels, a child will be placed in the appropriate grade level based on date of birth, prior school attendance, and district guidelines.
Per Board Policy 5115, your child may be reassigned at another Glendale school due to class size and space availability. For "capped" students, Student Support Services shall maintain a waiting list in priority order for students wanting entry into their school of residence and will notify parent or guardian when an opening occurs during the school year. You will be notified of your student's placement through phone call and/or email. We do everything we can to avoid moving students, but there are times it is necessary due to space limitations.