Class of 2025!
Welcome Class of 2025! I am looking forward to welcoming you to the Hoover Ohana and excited to support you as you navigate these next few years of high school.Mrs. Araxi DertavitianEmail: email@example.com*Due to the high volume of emails I am receiving, I will answer emails in the order they are received. Please allow 2 school days for a reply.Please join the ASB Class of 2025 Google Classroom for information about things happening at Hoover. The code is cyc3hzr.More updates will be posted here so check back often. Thank you!
2021 Summer School Information
HOOVER HIGH SCHOOL | SUMMER SCHOOL
Summer School Dates
First Semester: June 14-June 29
Second Semester: June 30- July 16
No school on Monday, July 5th in observance of Independence Day
Summer School Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 1:15 p.m
Your teacher will contact you with more information. If you do not hear from them by Monday morning on 6/14, please email them right away '
Please note: This page is under construction and will be updated as more information becomes available.Updated: 6/10/21
Summer school classes start on Monday, June 14th. If your student is taking summer school at Hoover, student’s class schedules with teacher information and room number (for in-person classes) are NOW available to view in the student portal at student.gusd.net & the parent portal at parent.gusd.net.
Summer School Dates and Times: June 14 - July 16 from 8:00 am to 1:15 pm. The first semester is from June 14 - June 29 and the second semester is from June 30 - July 16. There will be no school on July 5th in honor of 4th of July.
For all In-Person classes: Students must be in class from 8:00 am to 1:15 pm Monday-Friday. In-person classroom numbers will be visible in the student/parent portal, and students should report to their class on Monday, June 14th. There will be many staff and volunteers helping students find their classrooms. In-person teachers will use Google Classroom and will invite their students to join their class. If you do not receive an invitation, don’t worry. All codes will be posted on Hoover's summer school page, so keep checking regularly.
For all Distance Learning classes: Students must be logged into their Zoom class at 8:00 am. The class will have a mix of Synchronous and Asynchronous time. The class will end at 1:15 pm and will meet Monday-Friday. Distance Learning teachers will use Google Classroom and will invite their students to join their class. If you do not receive an invitation, don’t worry. All codes will be posted on Hoover's summer school page, so keep checking regularly.
For Online Health & APEX classes: Your Health or APEX teacher will invite you to their Google Classroom. If you do not hear from them by Monday morning on 6/14, please email your teacher.
- Visit hooverhs.org regularly and click on the “summer school button” on the right corner of our landing page for the latest updates. If you have any questions, please contact your teacher directly.
- All teachers will use Google Classroom and will invite their students to join their class. If you do not receive an invitation, don’t worry. All codes will be posted on Hoover's summer school page.
- All students in grades 10th-12th should have their Chromebooks. If you need a Chromebook, let your summer school teacher know.
- Be sure to go to your student portal and do a final check of your class schedule on Monday morning 6/14 for the most current class information as classes may change due to final semester grades, etc.
Courses Offered: Distance Learning & In-Person Summer School Courses
Students who indicated “yes” to summer school when submitting their 21-22 Google Registration Form, will be automatically registered by their counselor for summer school.
Students who have earned a D or F in Math and/or English have been automatically enrolled in the summer intervention class. Please check your portal to confirm.
Email your counselor if you have any questions.
Incoming 9th-grade counselor: Araxi Dertavitian firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Registration Links:
Important Information Folders
Permit Information and Instructions
If Hoover is your assigned school of residence, you are automatically enrolled at Hoover. If Hoover is not your assigned school of residence, you must obtain a school permit from the Student Support Services office.
- If you live within GUSD boundaries: If you are a GUSD resident, and wish to attend a school other than your assigned school of residence, you must apply for an Intra-District Permit to attend Hoover.
- If you live outside GUSD boundaries: If you live outside GUSD attendance boundaries withing to attend Hoover, you must get a district release from your district of residence and apply for an Inter-District permit.
- Be sure to visit the GUSD permit site for more detailed information. Click here: GUSD Student Support Services Office/ Permits.
Incoming 9th graders who were on a permit (Inter/Intra) at Toll do not have an active enrollment with Hoover. You must re-apply for your permit. Applications open on March 1, 2021.
If you are planning on attending Hoover for the 2021-2022 school year and are on a permit please follow ALL the steps below:
- Apply for the Intra-District Permit (for those with a Glendale address) or Inter-District Permit (for those with an address outside of Glendale), on GUSD's permit website gusdpermits.com and complete the application.
- Enroll at Hoover by completing the transfer form found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z-Ylq2-w3uYYnr-P_8V-n5j2Q7bzyusB/view?usp=sharing
- Please email the completed transfer form, a copy of a parent/guardian ID, and two proofs of residency to HooverEnrollment@gusd.net
If you are in the FLAG program on an intra-district permit and plan on attending Hoover for the 2021-2022 school year, please complete steps 2-3 above.
STEPS FOR REGISTRATION
- Watch Registration Video Above (If you missed the classroom presentations or are new to our district)
- Student Phone Numbers for Registration form link: https://forms.gle/wtApUojDWdSocZ6y5
- Registration Google form link: https://forms.gle/D2zjVQXZjHMK1DUL6
- Enter classes in the Q student portal: student.gusd.net
**If you have questions regarding your schedule/class selections, please email Mrs. Araxi at email@example.com
Important Registration Links: