Frequently Asked Questions about CJSF
1. I submitted my application…does that mean I am automatically a member?
- Unfortunately, no. The state organization has a rigorous point system for membership-based purely on the letter grades of the student. The adviser will review your application and your point total will decide if you become a member or not.
2. I have A’s and B’s, but I didn’t qualify for membership. Why?
- Membership is based on points, if you have more B’s than A’s you might not have enough points. If your A’s are in classes like P.E or Teacher Assistant then we cannot count them. Do your best each semester to earn the most outstanding grades you can! Don’t give up!
3. Why do we have to apply each semester?
- We apply each semester because grades change. We want to make sure you still qualify.
4. How do I become a CJSF Honor Member?
- An honor member receives a CJSF pin, award, and gold sticker on their diploma. This is a student who qualified for membership in 3 out of 4 semesters in 7th and 8th grade. This means you will need to be in CJSF during the second semester of 7th grade and both semesters of 8th grade.
- These students have obviously shown how outstanding they are and therefore we award them! If you are a new 7th grader this seems very far away, but do your best each semester to maintain membership.
5. Why don’t you accept late applications?
- In the laws of the state organization of CJSF, it specifically states that late applications may not be accepted. Chapters that do so can lose their membership. Turning applications in on time is part of being in CJSF. Please plan ahead, stay informed, watch the news at school, and don’t forget!