1. When can I submit an application?
The application window is open from November 1, 2021 through January 31, 2022.
2. I am interested in my child attending Roosevelt. Should I submit an application for 7th grade?
- If the student is currently at Roosevelt in 6th grade - NO
- If the student lives in the Roosevelt attendance area (find this information at www.gusd.net/streetfinder) - NO
- If the student attends an elementary school that feeds into Roosevelt - this includes Cerritos and Edison Tech Magnet students- NO
- If the student is currently enrolled at Muir or Franklin in Dual Language Immersion Spanish program - NO
- If the student is currently enrolled at Franklin in the Dual Language Immersion German program- NO
- If the student lives outside of the Roosevelt attendance area (including students who live outside district boundaries)* - YES
- If the student is currently enrolled at Edison in the Dual Language Immersion Spanish program - YES
- If the student would like to be assessed to join the Dual Language Immersion German or Spanish programs at Roosevelt as a 7th grader (and is not currently enrolled in the elementary programs) - YES
3. Would an application be accepted after the deadline?
Applications submitted after January 31, 2021, will not be considered for the lottery but will be placed on a waiting list.
4. When is the lottery and can parents be present at the time of the lottery?
Yes. The electronic lottery will be conducted on February 9, 2022. Due to COVID-19 protocols, it is likely that the lottery will take place virtually. More details to follow.
5. How do I apply if I do not have internet access?
You may complete the application, in person, at the Department of Student Support Services at 223 N. Jackson, Room 203, in Glendale, by 4:30 p.m. no later than January 31, 2022. Please call (818) 241-3111 ext. 1236 to make an appointment.
6. When will I be informed if my application is eligible for the lottery?
Before the lottery, you will receive an email stating whether or not your child's application will be eligible for the lottery. If you do not receive an email indicating a status change to the application at least one week prior to the lottery, please contact the office of Student Support Services at (818) 241-3111 ext. 1236.
7. How will I be notified about the results of the lottery?
You will receive an email notification.
8. If one of my twins is accepted, will the other one be automatically accepted?
Yes, if one twin is accepted if eligible the other twin will be as well.
9. If I have a child currently attending Roosevelt, will the younger sibling have priority for admission?
There will be no sibling preference or priority for admission.